Daisy health reports

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Mom called the hospital just to find out if our regular vet will be in tomorrow because they rotate on Sautrdays She is worried Daisy will crash this weekend. I am not so sure because Daisy does eat and drink, although in smaller amounts. Even though Daisy does not play anymore, I don't see her sleeping all day like Patricia did. It is hard to believe she she is getting ready to crash now. Of course I am a crying mess today.
It sounds like your mother is rushing to euthanize Daisy. I hope I'm misunderstanding and that's not true. If you think Daisy isn't in pain and acting pretty normal, you have to make sure she can live out her life in your home until the day comes when she no longer has any quality of life.

Thinking of you and Daisy, talk to your mother about everything if needed, don't let her jump the gun.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I insisted on waiting a couple hours after lunch to see how Daisy is doing. Daisy took a regular nap on my bed and looked comfortable. However, I saw her walk very slowly and drink only a little bit of water at the sink. I weighed her. She weighs only 5.8 pounds now. I am at the "heart said yes, head says no" stage. The time is right, but I can't call it a "good time" to say goodbye.

Daisy is not comfortable all the time. She is not acting like a normal cat. Barely eating and drinking, never pooping, sitting uncomfortably. no more interest in toys. She can't jump on the upper kitchen cabinets anymore. I don't think she is jumping the gun.

Last edited:

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
This is unbelielvable. How could it happen to a 3-year old cat? There was no sign of kidney disease before her diagnosis. No blood or urine test in the past had any indicators she was at a higher risk of it than other cats.

mechi2

I'm sorry that Daisy is deteriorating that quickly, a few posts back you said she was acting like a normal cat. I hope she will be okay and it's just a temporary setback.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
She did not seem lethargic to me because I remember Patricia sleeping all day under my bed. Mom knew it before I did.

This is not a temporary setback. Daisy will be dead in less than 24 hours.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
It is finished. :(

Daisy yelled in the carrier at home, but was totally calm after Mom pulled out of the driveway. I could tell she knew it the way cats do.

A veterinary technician who knew us weighed her. She was only 5 pounds on the vet's scale.

It was definitely time to go. Not a day too early or a day too late.

Last edited:

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I'm very sorry for your loss CatMom, Daisy is now resting peacefully....hugs. :(

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
Now I have a lot of prescription cat food from Chewy to get rid of. None of the cans or bags were ordered from the vet so I don't know what to do with it. Any ideas?

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
All of her mice are in the trash. The track toy with a scratching pad in the middle is in storage. The litterboxes, litter mat, and Cat Fusion scratcher, which is shaped like a giant peanut, were tossed in a public dumpster.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Now I have a lot of prescription cat food from Chewy to get rid of. None of the cans or bags were ordered from the vet so I don't know what to do with it. Any ideas?
You might want to call a local shelter and see if they want the food. If the bags aren't open, they might take it all. I imagine shelters have some cats with health issues. Good luck, I know it's a sad time for you....take care of yourself.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I would do that if it was regular cat food.

Waking up alone is going to be hard. She loved to sleep with me.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I would do that if it was regular cat food.

Waking up alone is going to be hard. She loved to sleep with me.
I know CatMom, my heart goes out to you. You did the best for her though, and gave her a good life in your loving home, you should feel some comfort in that.