Daisy is throwing up

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Today is the second straight day Daisy has thrown up twice. She puked in my bedroom yesterday and the living room today. Everything else is fine. No hairballs. Since she is otherwise normal, I want to avoid taking her to hte vet. Any ideas?

linda2147

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Sorry to hear about Daisy CatMom. What does the vomit look like, is it like dry food, wet food or yellow/white bile? I'm not sure what could have upset her stomach, but cats are known to vomit now and then, there are a lot of cartoons and jokes about it.

How is she doing now, is she feeling better, any more incidents?

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
It is mostly just brown liquid on the carpet, but once she threw up a clump of wet food.

No more incidents.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Good that there's no blood involved, hope she's feeling better today.

Try feeding multiple small portions of food throughout the day instead of more substantial portions. If something is bugging her tummy, then small meals will be easier to digest. I'd recommend giving her extra water in her food too. This will prevent dehydration and improve digestion.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
I leave dry food out all day so Daisy can come and go when she wants. When she is hungry I feed her 1/4 a can of wet food.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Try feeding multiple small portions of food throughout the day instead of more substantial portions. If something is bugging her tummy, then small meals will be easier to digest. I'd recommend giving her extra water in her food too. This will prevent dehydration and improve digestion.
I agree, good advice. I do the same with my cat. He recently was doing a lot of attempting to cough up a hairball. He has super thick fur and can sometimes have hairball problems. Even though he wasn't vomiting for a typical condition, he did vomit once and I saw no sign of fur.

Beside using the hairball medicine in a tube every third day or so, I continued with the drop of light olive oil in his canned food. I also saw the benefit of feeding him a smaller amount of canned until his problem was resolved. He also free feeds Blue Hairball formula dry.

Yesterday morning I found a small dry vomit that was mostly fur. Thankfully he was able to bring it up. He is now on his usual amount of canned food, which is 1/3 small can per day. There were times that I added a bit of water into his canned food also, especially when I noticed he wasn't drinking water as eagerly as normal, he's generally a good drinker. The problem followed some vaccinations he received in one day.

There are cases where feeding less is recommended, and sometimes in the case of diarrhea, not feeding at all for a day or so may resolve the issue.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
I never have to worry about how much water Daisy drinks .She waits for me at the bathroom sink.