Decent vacuum for pet hair

E M I L Y

We're in need of a good vacuum that'll pick up pet hair off our area rugs. Unfortunately, we need to stay under $200 at this time. There are just so many in that price range that I don't really have a good idea where to start. What would you recommend? :love_heart:

linda2147

I love my shark, Nothing sheds like a shepherd and I can't tell you how many vacuum cleaners I've gone through. I've had the shark for over three years and still going strong.

lovemylittleboy

I really like my Bissell Animal. Works wonders! And costs way way way less!! I think you will be satisfied

E M I L Y

Original Poster
We ended up getting the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright for about $150 on Amazon. It works great!

lovemylittleboy

I was thinking on buying one of the Sharks, but my Bissell works really well on pet hair. But ..... now that I don't have my babies anymore I guess I am not gonna worry about it any more. My sister has one and loves it. But I figure if I don't need it why spend the money. Oh well I can't run the sweeper real good right now anyway since I broke my ankle in June. It isn't healing, I was at the Dr yesterday and we got the cast off x-rayed it and here it is still broken! So back in a cast for 6 more weeks. Well he did give me the Aircast this round, but it is just as uncomfortable. Oh my goodness. And my leg looks like a stick! It lost all its muscle mass. It has very loose skin and all. He told me me don't shave it till it gets real good and hydrated . I am allowed to soak it now and I put lots of lotion on it ....it just looks so bad!! lol lol

linda2147

I broke my ankle two years ago, I was in a cast from Feb. to end of April. Also had torn ligaments and those still aren't completely healed. He told me that would take a very very long time to get everything back to normal.

lovemylittleboy

I use the Bissell Animal I works well and has great suction. Mine does anyway.
You need to get professional shampoos for you dogs. They work best because they are formulated for a dog's chemistry. No shampoo will stop shedding ....don't even believe that. All you can do is give them a good brushing once a day if they shed heavy.

petty254

You made the right purchase, shark navigator vacuum serves both functionality and durability.