Desperate for Help

rlny

Hello, I recently adopted a rescue in May 2020. The agency was not completely honest about her condition. She came to me with an ear infection and she cannot be handled. I cannot pick her up nor can I touch her with two hands, which makes it very difficult to get her to the vet or to administer any of the ear medication. She is very sweet, meek and timid until you invade her personal space. She also does not play and she has no natural curiosity. I spoke to the agency about this and they told me to give her back and they would adopt her out again which would only further traumatize this poor animal. I'm at my wits end as I am not able to manage her well being and to give her back would be, to me, a death sentence. I would be so grateful for any advice. Thank you.

EmmaWilliam

Hello, I recently adopted a rescue in May 2020. The agency was not completely honest about her condition. She came to me with an ear infection and she cannot be handled. I cannot pick her up nor can I touch her with two hands, which makes it very difficult to get her to the vet or to administer any of the ear medication. She is very sweet, meek and timid until you invade her personal space. She also does not play and she has no natural curiosity. I spoke to the agency about this and they told me to give her back and they would adopt her out again which would only further traumatize this poor animal. I'm at my wits end as I am not able to manage her well being and to give her back would be, to me, a death sentence. I would be so grateful for any advice. Thank you.
I think it is better to just keep her. But if you think you cannot handle it, bring her back to the agency.