Do you completely dry your dogs feet off after they get wet?

Nick1302

I live with my mom. She has a dog. I washed his feet. I dried his feet with a towel, but they were still a little damp, which could cause fungal infections. I juts didn't want to sit there, and dry them off perfectly, because he kept moving around, and it was a pain in the ass. My mom never dried his feet off on rainy days, or after he goes swimming, so I figured if anything was gonna cause a fungal infection then that would be it. Not me leaving his feet damp after a bath. Am I in the wrong? Should I go back and make sure his feet are perfectly dry?

CatMom1994

Did a vet tell you dogs can get fungal infections in their claws or are you assuming they do because that happens to humans?

Nick1302

Original Poster
Did a vet tell you dogs can get fungal infections in their claws or are you assuming they do because that happens to humans?
I heard it on the internet. Not only in their claws, but between their toes.

CatMom1994

I heard it on the Internet. Not only in their claws, but between their toes.
Make sure you are only getting such dog health advice from people with the letters DVM after their names.

mechi2

I just dry my dog off with a towel so that's she's not dripping with water, I don't go between the toes, I think that's a bit too much

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I live with my mom. She has a dog. I washed his feet. I dried his feet with a towel, but they were still a little damp, which could cause fungal infections. I juts didn't want to sit there, and dry them off perfectly, because he kept moving around, and it was a pain in the ass. My mom never dried his feet off on rainy days, or after he goes swimming, so I figured if anything was gonna cause a fungal infection then that would be it. Not me leaving his feet damp after a bath. Am I in the wrong? Should I go back and make sure his feet are perfectly dry?
I have never dried my dog's feet after a rain or swimming in my entire life, and I have never had a dog with a fungal foot infection due to wet or damp paws. I think you're overthinking this whole thing.

Aimitertyso

I agree with other comments. I never experienced a foot infection with dogs.