Does this stool look abnormal?

Nick1302

I watched my sisters dog go poop today, and this came out. It looked to have came out very easy. Almost like diarrhea, but its not. I grabbed a stick, and was able to tear it apart pretty easily. It just doesn't look right to me. Should I tell my sister? The dog is a 10-11 year old Australian Shepard lab mix. I could be wrong on the breed

Attachments

CatMom1994

Does the dog act normal in every way? Unlike cats, dogs let people know they are in pain. If everything else is normal, the dog does not need any medical treatments. If it happens again, she can try adding pumpkin to her dog's diet.

Nick1302

Original Poster
Does the dog act normal in every way? Unlike cats, dogs let people know they are in pain. If everything else is normal, the dog does not need any medical treatments. If it happens again, she can try adding pumpkin to her dog's diet.
I'm hardly ever around the dog, so I wouldn't know. I just hope my sister would talk the dog to the vet if she wasn't acting normal.

TTouch

'Normal' just means normal for your particular dog.... if any of my dogs poo's were like that I would be concerned as certainly it would not be normal for them.... should you mention it to your sister? Well you thought to photograph it and mention it on a public forum, so telling your sister would be obvious.

Rahul

Looks ok but i think he/she has eaten mud or something like that my dog used to eat mud and the poop was kinda like that but a bit like diarrhea in my case . He has stop eating mud now