Dog Did Well on His Vet Checkup

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Took my dog in for a checkup on July 5th, he was limping slightly for a couple of steps after getting up from a long nap, but he walked, ran and jumped with no problems. Also, he recently had a tick bite on his nose and there was a bit of a bump there several weeks later.

Vet gave him a complete physical checkup and carefully and thoroughly examined all his joints, legs, spine, range of motion, etc. She said everything looked good and nothing was giving him any discomfort. She said a lot of dogs will look like they're limping for a step or two after getting up after lying down for a long time, and in his case there's nothing to be concerned about.

The bump on the nose looked fine and was to be expected after a tick bite, but it didn't go past the skin and would go away in time.

His weight was good, perfect for his frame, just under 42lbs, his heart, eyes, lungs, etc. were all okay. Felt good after that visit and happy he's doing so well.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Original Poster
Thanks Linda and Furballs, yes it is a relief when you find out your concerns were about nothing. I always worry in back of my mind since I've had pets in the past with hip dysplasia, kneecap problems, cancer, etc.

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Great news Alpha1!!!
So glad for BigFoot! 🐕