Dye Dogs to Look Like Pandas??

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Makes me angry that these people in China are dying dogs to look like Pandas. What do you think?

haopee

BACON of Light
:dito: It's not like the dye is limited to the hair. Even people who have their hairs dye have to put some other conditioner to keep their hair shiny and healthy.

Get a stuffed animal, and leave the dogs be.

Whether it's organic or not, this is definitely not a healthy option for the dog, especially in the long run.

Happyflowerlady

Dog Mother
This kind of thing seems to happen a lot in China, and the panda-dog must just be the latest craze. I remember seeing where they had clipped little lambs to look like Poodles, and were selling them to people as Poodle-Pets. People could not figure out why their new Poodle would not eat dog food, and why the feet made so much noise as it clopped across the floor.
So, now we have a dog that looks like a panda, instead of another creature that looks like a dog.
As long as they use a dye that is safe for the dogs, I don't see that it is a problem, and hopefully, they know it is actually a dog, and not a panda bear !

haopee

BACON of Light
LOL. Are those poodle-pets for real? That's so weird. Why would people do such a thing and make others believe an animal is a different animal?

I love your new avatar, HappyFlowerLady.

I'm not sure how it would affect the dog's skin in the long run. I mean, we have safe dyes for human, but even so, those dyes make the hair and scalp dry. Others have to use conditioner everyday to keep their hair healthy. I don't think dogs have that luxury.