Fancy Feast: Advice & Opinions

AnitaB

Attachments

linda2147

I think anything made by purina is junk but a friend of mine had a siamese that she fed the fancy feast to and it lived to be 22 years old so it can't be that bad

AnitaB

Original Poster
I think anything made by purina is junk but a friend of mine had a siamese that she fed the fancy feast to and it lived to be 22 years old so it can't be that bad
I know.... I only give him the whitefish, cuz that's the only one he'll eat. I'm still gonna switch to Blue Wilderness dry, and try the wet food.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Daisty is weird. She likes Blue Wilderness dry, but not wet. So her canned food is Blue Freedom.

I hope Truffles will eat a different flavor if you can get him off Fancy Feast.

AnitaB

Original Poster
Me as well, but he's always been a picky eater. We can always choose the best for our children and our pets, but when it comes to ourselves....We'll it's a different senerio.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I've never fed Fancy Feast, but Natural Balance, Avoderm, Wellness, etc. have fish flavored canned foods. I believe some are pate and some are pieces in gravy, my cat seems to prefer pate in a chicken or turkey flavor. Good luck, it's hard to buy and see which ones your cat likes, but good thing about having a dog, is the can won't go to waste if the cat doesn't eat it. :p

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Me as well, but he's always been a picky eater. We can always choose the best for our children and our pets, but when it comes to ourselves....We'll it's a different senerio.
I know, so frustrating. I wanted Daisy to like Nature's Variety Instinct and Solid Gold after researching various brands and ingredients. Ironically she does not like any fish flavor recipes except Blue Freedom Indoor - one I told my mom not to buy.

Try Tiki cat, Almo Nature or Weruva. They both make some good quality wet foods that use different types of fish, seafood, or chicken. They will be of much higher quality than the Purina and you might be able to find a flavour that is close enough in flavour to the Purina whitefish. All three brands have tons of flavours. Tiki has a mousse textured line too. I find that it is well-liked by pickier cats.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Weruva is made in Thailand, so the majority of its flavors have fish or seafood. Truffles would certainly be happy about that!

However, they use small pouches for all pate recipes, so it helps if he likes shredded or flaked textures.