Feeding your dog

wombat

How often do you feed your dog a day and at what times?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
How often do you feed your dog a day and at what times?
When I'm home, under normal conditions, I feed my dog once per day. I feed him around 4 PM, I figure he has plenty of time to digest, etc. before he goes to sleep around 10 PM. In the morning he gets a chicken jerky treat and biscuit when he brings in our morning newspaper. He may get a taste of cheese or something else, on some days at any time.

wombat

Original Poster
We feed ours 3 times a day but only the recomended amount spread over three meals , around, 7 in the morning, miday, then 5 in the evening, if we were working they would most likely only get the 1 feed a day, or a bit in the morning and some in the evening.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
When I take him camping with us, I usually give him a small cup of dry food in the morning, so if we go on a hike, he'll have some nourishment and energy. Then another smaller meal, with a bit of canned mixed in, for his dinner.

zoe9576

Usually I will not let the bowl empty, so my dogs can eat at anytimes they are hungry.

ihatepuns

We feed the dog twice a day, at morning and at dinnertime. We tend to give him a bowlfull. He's so odd - he won't eat while anyone is watching!

chumm

We feed out dog twice a day! Usually in the mornings, and then in the evening. He is a slow eater and tends to gradually eat bits throughout the day. Watching him eat is kind of funny, he always takes a bit of his food and takes it into us to eat! He's very cute!

yuppypup

We feed the dog twice a day, at morning and at dinnertime. We tend to give him a bowlfull. He's so odd - he won't eat while anyone is watching!
Same! My dog just wags his tail and looks at me, and when nobody is watching he starts eating. I only feed my dog once per day through.

Moonba

When we had our dog, he used to be the same. He didn't like anyone else watching him eat! He'd wait, even if he was hungry, until everyone else had left the room. Then he snuck back in and finished it quickly. It's strange, even dogs have their own eating habits I guess :D