Feline herpes and mold

FemaleJedi

Recently my cat was diagnosed was feline herpes after he had a terrible herpes (URI) outbreak. Since then I’ve been trying to figure out what caused the outbreak (like in humans herpes outbreaks are caused by stress in the body) and what I can do so it doesn’t happen again.

I’ve noticed my bathroom might have mold in it (it’s carpeted 🙄 I rent and they won’t do anything until the mold is out of control/very noticeable) and was wondering if (slight) mold could trigger a herpes outbreak in cats?

linda2147

I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard that giving a daily dose of forte flora probiotic lessens the chances of herpes flareups

FemaleJedi

Original Poster
I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard that giving a daily dose of forte flora probiotic lessens the chances of herpes flareups
Ooo okay! I’ll ask the vet about it! Right now I’m giving him L-lysine, but I’ll definitely ask about Forte Flora as well. That flare up was so bad I actually thought I was about to lose my baby or have to put him down 😔 He’s a 9 year old half bengal and he means the world to me, seeing him like that destroyed me.
I had to spend $3,000 in testing/xrays/ultrasounds just to find out he has herpes, which is apparently so prevalent in felines that it should have been one of the first suggestions. Oh well, he’s alive and that’s all that matters.

linda2147

I have two bengals and a rescue siamese. my bengals are very special to me as well, I love my little siamese also who is the most lap cat of them all. But like you whatever it takes to keep them healthy and happy we do for them. my vet specializes in bengals and I was told no shots other than distemper, the shots could cause what you are vacccinating for. Of course rabies because that's law or I wouldn't d

do that one either.