Fish is missing?!!

PhoenixKoi

I was looking at my tank today and I haven’t been home in a while. I realized that our big black molly is gone! I looked around the tank everywhere for him and I couldn’t find him. I even had my dad come over and look around and he couldn’t find him either. It’s been about 7 hours and he still hasn’t shown up so I’m pretty sure he’s not in the tank. I think he may have jumped out and gotten eaten by my dog but I’m not sure. The filter holes are to small for him to get sucked up in. and Just a little while ago while I was eating dinner I noticed my Gourami hiding! The male and his two females were sitting behind the drift wood and the male even wedges himself into a crack in it. (He did eventually come out) we just tested the water and nothings wrong. We did a water change earlier today and all the other fish seem happy except the Gourami. Our molly did just have a babie though there is only one.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
I was looking at my tank today and I haven’t been home in a while. I realized that our big black molly is gone! I looked around the tank everywhere for him and I couldn’t find him. I even had my dad come over and look around and he couldn’t find him either. It’s been about 7 hours and he still hasn’t shown up so I’m pretty sure he’s not in the tank. I think he may have jumped out and gotten eaten by my dog but I’m not sure. The filter holes are to small for him to get sucked up in. and Just a little while ago while I was eating dinner I noticed my Gourami hiding! The male and his two females were sitting behind the drift wood and the male even wedges himself into a crack in it. (He did eventually come out) we just tested the water and nothings wrong. We did a water change earlier today and all the other fish seem happy except the Gourami. Our molly did just have a babie though there is only one.
Check inside the filters boxes, look under all the decor, etc.

Have you removed anything from the tank recently (plants, decor, equipment, etc) that the molly could have been stuck in?

Another possibility is that the molly passed and it’s remains were eating by other tank inhabitants (snails and other bottom dwellers are usually the main culprits for this).

What exactly were the water perimeters? Is the gourami showing any other signs of stress such as claimed fins, pale in color, stress stripes, etc?

PhoenixKoi

Original Poster
We just found the skeleton in our tank cleaner. He had died and been eaten by the other fish and I sucked him up thinking he was a leaf. He was looking a little sickly near the end. Thank you for your help! (We did have a baby molly in the tank) I will post a video in another post.