Fleas

Lilsmama

I am at my wits end. I dont make very much money so i am doing everything in my power and budget to combat these fleas. I prefer natural remedies and products. Have used apple cider vinegar on cats to dawn water sprayed on the carpets. Have had to resort to capstar which worked well for a week. They were given a dose at 10am. Its now 3pm and using flea comb im still combing out live fleas! The infestation is bothersome at most but i feel im quickly losing the battle. I hate those meds that go on the neck as my babies have adverse reactions i cant bear to put them through. Need some wisdom here guys..

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
How many cats do you have? Do they go outside at all? (Keeping them inside 24/7 is the biggest part of a solution.)

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Welcome! Some people have used Food Grade DE for flea problems, if I ever had a severe problem on carpets, etc, I would try it. You can bathe the cats in Johnson's baby shampoo, that is also supposed to kill the fleas. Good luck! I'm like you, I avoid using any poisons on my dog or cat, I reluctantly put my dog on heartworm meds because it was necessary, but refuse to use any topical insecticides.