Forum Change

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
I discovered another improvement: post quotes are not italicized.

Matrix

Admin
Original Poster
Yes, many small improvements. If you post a simple link, it will add a summary automatically.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Yes, many small improvements. If you post a simple link, it will add a summary automatically.

Cool! How does it do that?

What do you think of the relative times (20 minutes ago) instead of absolute time stamps?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Wait, I just noticed something:

Can we still give reputations to people? You know, that little star at the bottom of everyones posts that we can click on.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Matrix, nice to see our pictures again on the forum! Thanks so much for everything you do here, much appreciated! 🧡

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
When you have a new alert, the browser will push it to you, you don't have to refresh the page to see if you have new alerts.

Something like this, I'm not very sure, though. :rolleyes:
I belong to a chicken forum which has that.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Now if only XenForo had an anti-spam feature that identifies advertising links. Since the software change I have already had to report two posters who did that crap.

Matrix

Admin
Original Poster
Yes, spammers can be very annoying, xenForo has a very sophisticated ant-spam mechanism, but it doesn't check links, I find it hard to believe. Let's see if this will improve.

Matrix

Admin
Original Poster
Now if only XenForo had an anti-spam feature that identifies advertising links. Since the software change I have already had to report two posters who did that crap.
More and more spammers, very annoying. If a new member's first post contains any links, it's usually a spammer, 99.9% probability. I will write a plugin to deal with this.