Free Puppy, Looking for Forever Home, RVA

msalisbury

Unfortunately I am having to rehome my dog due to a personal injury. She is a 10 month old Black Labrador and Australian Shepard mix. Her coat is predominantly black with white accents on the chest and paws. She is extremely nice and playful, but is also full of energy. She knows commands, is pretty good on a leash as well as housebroken. I would also be able to give her cage, toys, leashes and other items if desired by the adopting family. She has her shot records. I was injured in the beginning of the new year and unable to properly care for her. Her name is Shugree but responds to Sugar and Shug. Looking for a home in the Richmond, Virginia area.

Shug.jpg

linda2147

Never give a pet away for free. You could be giving her to someone that wants a bait dog or worse, just something to torture. Make sure you know where the dog is going, ask for a get a copy of their driver's license or some other form of id get their license plate number and check them out to make sure they don't have any animal abuse complaints. Ask a fee and make them sign a contract agreeing to return the dog to you if it doesn't work out. YOu can't trust anyone you don't know with her life. Go on the internet and check out what happens to animals given away. do a n internet search on their name but just remember just because they don't have a record on animal abuse doesn't mean anything, it just means they haven't been caught.

linda2147

also get references from vets and personal references and check them out. You need to take every precaution to make sure this dog is going to a good home and not some abuser

hamsterlover123

Maybe take your dog to a no-kill shelter. If you say free some people with make it a guard dog and have your dog chained forever. With a shelter, they will find a good home where it is a pet, not a worker. Oops zombie thread