Getting started early

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Hi all,

I am getting started early with my garden. Yes, I know, it is still to cold to plant outside. Well, I am starting inside! I already have two plants growing. Two pea plants. Here are some pictures of one of the pea plants:

DSCN7770.jpg
As you can tell, they are old enough to have a pole (stick) to grow up.
DSCN7771.jpg
It is about 3" tall.

Are you starting your garden early?? What do you think of what I am doing?

Thanks!

Furballs&dogbones

I'm starting some flowers in a green house one of my relatives is making. Very excited! It's great that you're starting early too!

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I think it's a good idea to start early like that Yeti, then transplant outdoors after the threat of frost is gone. I used to do that years ago when I had a vegetable garden, then I just bought tiny plants from the garden center and planted them directly into the ground without starting indoors when I was too busy with work. Now I don't do gardens anymore, we go away on vacation a couple of times a year and I don't want to have to have anyone come over to my house to care for them. Maybe when we're older and no longer go away on vacations, I may start a small veggie garden again.

Furballs, I love flowers, so rewarding to grow your own and nice to have access to a greenhouse.

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Original Poster
I'm starting some flowers in a green house one of my relatives is making. Very excited! It's great that you're starting early too!
Nice! I'm very excited too! Enjoy you green house! :pepper:

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Original Poster
I think it's a good idea to start early like that Yeti, then transplant outdoors after the threat of frost is gone. I used to do that years ago when I had a vegetable garden, then I just bought tiny plants from the garden center and planted them directly into the ground without starting indoors when I was too busy with work. Now I don't do gardens anymore, we go away on vacation a couple of times a year and I don't want to have to have anyone come over to my house to care for them. Maybe when we're older and no longer go away on vacations, I may start a small veggie garden again.

Furballs, I love flowers, so rewarding to grow your own and nice to have access to a greenhouse.
Thanks Alpha! I can't wait to start more!

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Original Poster
I know the bird saying but I never heard the mouse one. What does it mean?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
But Alpha does and I was replying to her.
Why are you replying to me?? :confused: Yeti is the one who is doing the early planting and I told her it was a good idea. I made it clear I wasn't doing any kind of a garden.

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Original Poster
Why are you replying to me?? :confused: Yeti is the one who is doing the early planting and I told her it was a good idea. I made it clear I wasn't doing any kind of a garden.
Alpha is right.