Grain free! NOT grain free!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AyeAyeCapn

Ellie's dad
I have never seen more conflicting opinions on any subject on Earth than grain-free or not grain-free food. Have had Ellie on grain free for 2-3 years, no problems, then a vet technician last week said "never feed them grain free." I am nearly at the point where I think everybody's full of $#!% or is just making things up. ONE more time ...... what's your opinion? I'm close to just taking her out for dinner, she loves Wendy's.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Everyone who thinks dogs should NOT eat grain-free food is refusing to accept the facts. If you do some research on canine nutrition you will find NOTHING in favor of feeding grains to dogs.

linda2147

dogs are not cows they do not eat cereal (grains) they eat meat. Dogs in the wild eat the intestines and their content, fulfilling their nutrition with for grain or greens. You can supplement their diet with a mixture of "honest kitchen" mix half and half with warm water, let sit until thicken then mix it with the food.

Or you can feed a raw diet with the right supplements for a balanced meal. Raw is the way to go Supplies everything they need for a soft shiny coat and the additives give them all the vitamins and minerals they'll ever need

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
If you can't feed a raw diet, try Nature's Variety Instinct, which is based on that. They have raw nuggets that can be mixed in water or given dry as treats for supplemental feeding and raw=based dry food that has bigger kibbles dogs like along with the regular wet food for dogs and puppies.

Emmabarnes

Zumba Instructor
I have never seen more conflicting opinions on any subject on Earth than grain-free or not grain-free food. Have had Ellie on grain free for 2-3 years, no problems, then a vet technician last week said "never feed them grain free." I am nearly at the point where I think everybody's full of $#!% or is just making things up. ONE more time ...... what's your opinion? I'm close to just taking her out for dinner, she loves Wendy's.
Wendy's! What a riot.
I know what you mean with this and it's pretty conflicting.
I would say there's very little to substantiate that grain is good for our dog's digestion. I'd steer clear of it and then maybe integrate it for a few days and see she responds.