Grieving in Adelaide

Sarahk

Hi everyone.
I am the proud caretaker of one dog, Pip, 8, Jack Russell x chihuahua and one cat, Magpie, 11, domestic shorthair as well as two cockatiels and a budgie. Last week we had to say goodbye to Raven, my soul cat, who was also 11
DSC_0002 (3).JPG
I don't really know what I am looking for... Pretty kitties to lift my spirits, advice on grieving pets, advice on maybe getting adopting a new kitty to keep magpie company.
I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Hello @Sarahk, welcome to the forum. :) My condolences for the loss your your dear Raven, she looks like a sweet kitty. It's very sad to say goodbye to our furkids, unfortunately I've had to do it too many times over the years. My advice is to get another pet, it helps to heal your heart and is good for your other pets if they all get along. But, I recommend that you don't rush into anything too soon, you'll know when you're ready, then take your time to find a little one to let into your heart and home. Good luck!
🧡

CatMom1994

Welcome to the forum Sarah. My sympathy for your loss of a very cute and sweet kitty.

All of us have lost furkids. That is why this forum has an Over the Rainbow Bridge section. A cat can live 21 years and we would still cry about the loss.

You will know when your heart is ready for another cat. The timing is very personal. We can help you figure out when that time comes later. Now it is best to take your time grieving the loss of Raven and help your living pets who loved her as they do the same.

mechi2

Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum. So sorry for your loss, we with pets know how your feel. Hope to see you around the forum, and remember time heals a broken heart