Guinea Pigs or Rats?

ziggyboo

Hi,

I am considering getting guinea pigs.

I would house them in a hutch with a run in a room in the house. I would be able to attend to them daily, but at the end of October we are due to go away for a couple of days. Would the pigs be ok with some extra food, hay and water?

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Getting a guinea pig might be a good idea. How much is a couple of days to you? If it is more than three days you can't leave them. Even with one or two bottles of water, the guinea pigs would only last for about 4 or 5 days. They also need fresh food every day. You could hire a pet sitter to take care of it while you are gone. They could take them home with them to keep a better eye on the guinea pigs or have the person come to your house twice every day to do the chores. What do you think?

ziggyboo

Original Poster
is there a cage you would recommend for holidays, like if i took them to my sisters place?

johnkane

I guess you can use foldable cage so it won't be too much of a hassle when you're taking them to your sister's place. Just make sure that the cage is big enough for them to play around.