Hello Pet Lovers

gem69f

Hi,

My name is Michelle and I'm new to "pet forum". My son and I moved to Austin 5 yrs ago from NY. I have three cats - 2 girls & 1 boy. They keep me entertained everyday.

I decided to join so I can talk to other per lovers, mostly cats, about health, nutrition, etc. I'm looking forward to discussing the life of a cat with fellow cat lovers.

Talk to you soon,

Shell

Dog Force One

Banned
Hi Shell- That's a pretty name. What do your cats look like?

I used to take care of cats for many years- love 'em, but for some reason I now have four dogs. One of my dogs is a Shiba Inu mix, who is quickly living up to the Shiba reputation for being one of the most cat-like dogs. Hee-hee. He moves like a tiger, not like a wolf. Very affectionate, but also has that "other worldly" detached place he regularly goes to like a cat. Rarely barks- quiet like a cat. And frequently likes to just wander around the yard exploring in an absorbed manner, not getting excited about other dogs through the fence or needing a lot of attention to enjoy himself. Yup, like a cat. :- )

gem69f

Original Poster
Hi Shell- That's a pretty name. What do your cats look like?

I used to take care of cats for many years- love 'em, but for some reason I now have four dogs. One of my dogs is a Shiba Inu mix, who is quickly living up to the Shiba reputation for being one of the most cat-like dogs. Hee-hee. He moves like a tiger, not like a wolf. Very affectionate, but also has that "other worldly" detached place he regularly goes to like a cat. Rarely barks- quiet like a cat. And frequently likes to just wander around the yard exploring in an absorbed manner, not getting excited about other dogs through the fence or needing a lot of attention. Yup, like a cat. :- )
Hi,

I like dogs too. I used to have a Husky when I was a child. I would love to get a dog but my apt is too small for a big dog. That's why I have cats. I like Shiba Inu's.

Two of my cats need an attitude adjustment. LOL. My male cat is a cry baby. My 2 yr-old started having seizures or convulsions. Her first episode was a few months ago. She had one tonight but this one was pretty bad. She urinated on herself, bit her back leg causing it to bleed and when she bit her front paw it got stuck in her mouth.

Have you ever experienced this when your took care of cats?

Shell

Dog Force One

Banned
Ouch, that sounds rough for your furkid and you. No, I'm afraid I have no experience with pet seizures, but others here might. Have you spoken with a vet about it?

linda2147

Welcome to the forum. We are all animal lovers here and will be happy to talk with you and help you out with problems if we can.

I have one dog, a german shepherd and two cats, a bengal and a siamese.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Welcome to the forum Shell, I hope you can get some relief for your cats convulsions, I know how upsetting it is to watch them go through these....hugs. :welcome:

gem69f

Original Poster
I see. My cats are my babies. Happy New Year