**help** Dog Digestive Disorder?

Luna428

Hello,

Our family dog Mia has not been eating...here and there a snack or few bites, but clearly doesn't have an appetite. She just had surgery and is taking medication, but it's been a few weeks now, so that shouldn't be the issue....or is it?

Today she went and ate a bunch of grass and threw it up. AND THEN, actually ate some chicken.
So what are we supposed to do to improve her appetite so she'll eat?

We can't afford to take her to the vet anymore, we've already spent over $5k trying to figure it out. We're very scared about losing her, all and any advice would be helpful. Thank you:)

linda2147

you can give her pepsid ac to settle her stomach. If she's eating grass or licking her lips she has an upset stomach. You can also use propectalin for stomach upsets. You can either get that from a vet or its cheaper at amazson.com In a pinch you can also crush up 1/2 tums tablet

Crickettcat1

Hi. We are going through this with my senior doggy. He’s been to the vet multiple times...the best we’ve gotten is a soft food for digestive issues that he will eat. I actually take CBD oil myself and the company had a pet CBD oil that I’ve tried. I don’t know if he just got better on his own, or if it’s helped, but he’s been eating a full serving once a day and his stomach upset has ceased for the time being.

ILovepetBlaire

Our puppy sometimes shivers and get a lot of sleep, and sometimes so lazy to do anything. What behavior does this imply? TIA

Crickettcat1

Our puppy sometimes shivers and get a lot of sleep, and sometimes so lazy to do anything. What behavior does this imply? TIA
Is your doggie older? If so it could be a normal part of aging. My older dogs has bouts of shaking. In the past it’s when he’s having some anxiety, usually over some noise like fireworks or a smoke alarm. Now he has moments of shaking that can either be from old dog syndrome (not sure what the medical term here is) and sometimes because of his arthritis and pain. It would be worth mentioning to your vet, whether old or not.