Help with pac man frog

Frog47

I have an albino pac man frog in a 10 gallon tank and today I walked in to find that he had dug up the eco earth substrate at the front of his enclosure and created a mound stretching across the middle. Why would he have done this? My theories as an inexperienced hobbyist are that the substrate is not deep enough or that it needs to be changed out as it has been in there for over 2 months. Thank you, I hope You can help me find out why and I hope it I still not something bad!😰

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
I have an albino pac man frog in a 10 gallon tank and today I walked in to find that he had dug up the eco earth substrate at the front of his enclosure and created a mound stretching across the middle. Why would he have done this? My theories as an inexperienced hobbyist are that the substrate is not deep enough or that it needs to be changed out as it has been in there for over 2 months. Thank you, I hope You can help me find out why and I hope it I still not something bad!😰
It sounds like he needs more substrate, how much do you have in there?

Also, for your information, a 10 gallon is quite small for a Pacman frog. They get 8” long, I would recommend upgrading to like a 20 gallon or something when you can. I know they are ambush critters, but they still need room.

Good luck!

Frog47

Original Poster
There’s about 4 inches in there. I thought only females got that big and I’m pretty sure I have a male because he isn’t growing as fast as he used to and he’s only 3.5-4 inches long
Is there a away to sex them?