Hi again everyone

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Hi everyone,

I have not been on for quite a while so I thought I would quickly check back in with everyone.
I'm doing good and all my pets are, too. The chickens are laying an average of 4 or 5 eggs a day (I have 6 chickens). They are healthy and happy in there run. (A 'run' is where the chickens walk around outside all day.) I've only had a few eggs laid in the run by mistake. Lol!

The fish are doing good. I just cleaned their tank out today. They are getting pretty old now but still happy and swimming around.

I also have one other thing to say: One of my neighbors got a new puppy. A golden retriever that was 8 weeks old when they brought her home. She's now 10 weeks. Super cute and lovable! I'll try to get a picture when I can.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone,
Yetidog37

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Original Poster
Hey everyone,
I guess I'm not a true member anymore. I belong to a chicken forum, a farming forum, and one other forum about homesteading. I don't really have time to be on a forum thats mostly about dogs and cats when I don't have any of these animals....and people don't really count my chickens as pets, although I do. (I think they are better then cats!) I hope you all understand.
- Yetidog37

P.S.
It would be nice to have @Esme here again. (I think thats her user...)

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Esme is not coming back. If she wanted to she would have a long time ago.

Most people don't think chickens are pets because they are food for humans, cats, and dogs. Good thing you found people who understand even edible animals can be considered pets.

I honestly have looked for other pet forums that have more than five active members every day, did not like any of them. So I am staying here.

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Original Poster
Esme is not coming back. If she wanted to she would have a long time ago.

Most people don't think chickens are pets because they are food for humans, cats, and dogs. Good thing you found people who understand even edible animals can be considered pets.

I honestly have looked for other pet forums that have more than five active members every day, did not like any of them. So I am staying here.
Chickens are not always food! LOTS of the people on my chicken forum own a small flock like me for pets....and the eggs are just a bonus!

You would love my girls if you saw them. Right now it won't let me upload pictures. Whats wrong?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Chickens are not always food! LOTS of the people on my chicken forum own a small flock like me for pets....and the eggs are just a bonus!

You would love my girls if you saw them. Right now it won't let me upload pictures. Whats wrong?
I would love to see recent photos of your girls Yeti. You should have no trouble uploading pictures.

This is the way I usually post a picture in a thread. To post a personal photo that you have saved on your computer, you can just click the Picture Icon at the top of the message window. Then click on the Blue Arrow, then Or Click Here, browse your computer file to locate picture, then click Open. If you like, you can also get the same result by using the icon below the post that looks like a paperclip and says Attach Files.

To copy a photo from another website, just right click the picture and copy Image Location. Click the Picture Icon, but this time click on the little chain link image, paste your Image Location, then click insert.

upload.JPG

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Original Poster
I would love to see recent photos of your girls Yeti. You should have no trouble uploading pictures.

This is the way I usually post a picture in a thread. To post a personal photo that you have saved on your computer, you can just click the Picture Icon at the top of the message window. Then click on the Blue Arrow, then Or Click Here, browse your computer file to locate picture, then click Open. If you like, you can also get the same result by using the icon below the post that looks like a paperclip and says Attach Files.

To copy a photo from another website, just right click the picture and copy Image Location. Click the Picture Icon, but this time click on the little chain link image, paste your Image Location, then click insert.

upload.JPG
Thank you Alpha! I'll try again and tell you if it works. Just a sec...

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy

MOST chickens are food. The ones people keep as pets are very lucky.

No, I would not love your girls.

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Original Poster
MOST chickens are food. The ones people keep as pets are very lucky.

No, I would not love your girls.
I don't agree with you at all. LOTS of the chickens that are owned by people on my chicken forum are PETS - like mine. I justest you stop eating chicken for a week and think a little bit.
Why would you not love my girls?

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
I don't agree with you at all. LOTS of the chickens that are owned by people on my chicken forum are PETS - like mine. I justest you stop eating chicken for a week and think a little bit.
Why would you not love my girls?
Your chicken forum is about extremely few chickens on the planet. You are not talking to millions of chicken owners. It takes only one second to be aware of this.

I am a CAT lover.

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Original Poster
Your chicken forum is about extremely few chickens on the planet. You are not talking to millions of chicken owners. It takes only one second to be aware of this.

I am a CAT lover.
Nope. There are THOUSANDS of people on my chicken forum. Maybe even millions. You are just used to this one. I say chickens are better than cats. (And don't say I never had one!)

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Yetidog, there are MILLIONS of chickens in the world. And it is true that MOST of those chickens are used for food.

Have you ever been to grocery stores, restaurants, and farms? FOOD CHICKENS!

I am done with you if you can't accept the obvious truth about chickens. I am a CAT lover.

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Original Poster
Animals that are sometimes food can still be pets. LOTS of people keep chickens as pets. I can't believe that you don't even think my chickens are a little bit cute. (They are ADORABLE!) And do you know what? I hate cats. I'm NOT a cat lover AT ALL.

Say what you want, I won't change. I might even leave PetForums for good because it doesn't seem very friendly here anymore.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Well, I'm a dog and cat lover, but I can appreciate all other kinds of pets that people have even if I don't particularly want to keep them myself. Being and animal lover in general, I like to hear about everyone's pets. 💙

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Original Poster
Well, I'm a dog and cat lover, but I can appreciate all other kinds of pets that people have even if I don't particularly want to keep them myself. Being and animal lover in general, I like to hear about everyone's pets. 💙
I like that Alpha. I wish I were like you...

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I like that Alpha. I wish I were like you...
I think you are Yeti, you really like chickens and your Betta fish, and you've watched over your neighbor's dog, so you must like dogs. I think you're an animal lover in general like me, you also like Llamas/Alpacas and other farm animals/pets.

APafDog&CatMom

Animals that are sometimes food can still be pets. LOTS of people keep chickens as pets. I can't believe that you don't even think my chickens are a little bit cute. (They are ADORABLE!) And do you know what? I hate cats. I'm NOT a cat lover AT ALL.

Say what you want, I won't change. I might even leave PetForums for good because it doesn't seem very friendly here anymore.
I hope you don't. I'd love to learn more about chickens, even though I do have to feed them to my carnivorous pets because I can't afford 100% humanely euthanized rodents for Willow and don't even know what I would feed my dogs if my life were perfect. I'm glad that more people are keeping chickens as pets and becoming outspoken about the fact that they don't deserve to be treated the way they are in factory farms any more than dogs, cats, horses, people, or any other species does.

When our farmer's market ended for the season, I told the farmer I buy chicken meat from that it was about time I started treating her with the same respect I do the owner of the rodentry where I get feeder mice and rats.

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Original Poster
Yeah, i guess I'll stay. But if catmom...well, never mind.