Horses See Snow for the First Time

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
....and they react. :friendly_wink:

TxN8Oc78fS8

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Original Poster
The only time I was on a horse was a pony ride when I was very young. There were horses going in a fenced circle with other children and I was scared and crying for my mother to get me off. The horse behind me was coming up alongside and his head was right next to my leg. Since then I have petted a couple, and although I think they're beautiful animals, I never was really around them and still fear them to a degree.

I've brought my dogs to a large natural park for decades now, and I've seen a few horses become spooked around the dogs, throw off their riders, and run fast and frightened through the park, I had to pull my dog and get out of one's path or be trampled. Now, the horses are not allowed to come in the dog area, and I think it's safer for the horses, their riders and the dogs and their owners. We still get to see them often, just not too close.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Original Poster
I grew up in the city, so my exposure to horses was very limited. Neat that you were able to ride every weekend in summer must have been a lot of fun!

Country Woman

yes we lived in asmall town
lots of horses around my town has an annual rodeo every May