How do you memorialize your pets?

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Decorative urns, grave markers, shadow boxes, wall plaques, jewelry . . . there are countless options for memorializing pets who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. None of them are right or wrong but I am interested in how everyone makes sure no pets are ever forgotten.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
My pets are never forgotten, my husband and I hold each one warmly in our hearts. I do have a couple of paw prints in clay and have written some memorial 'poems' for a few of my pets, also just displaying a picture or two around that house. That's about it, I've never buried them in my yard or kept any cremation ashes.

linda2147

I don't keep ashes either. I have several oil paintings of previous animals hanging up and have lots of pictures I've taken over the years.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I have wall photo plaques for Emiily and Wilbur just because I could not have them buried at home. The text is what I would have wanted on their grave stones.

Patricia's grave stone reads:​

Patricia
1996-2006
Nineteen years of love

loveanimals

I created a special web page for my pet. I included pictures of her and her toys, talked about what she was like, told stories about her. I even added pictures of her resting place and a map location so she will not be forgotten. I chose to make her page private so only her family could visit her. There are lots of websites that allow you to do this. The one I found was gravelocation.com. It was free.

cluckmecoop7

Chicken Crazy!
My pets are never forgotten, my husband and I hold each one warmly in our hearts. I do have a couple of paw prints in clay and have written some memorial 'poems' for a few of my pets, also just displaying a picture or two around that house. That's about it, I've never buried them in my yard or kept any cremation ashes.
How many pets have you had Alpha?

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I don't keep ashes either. I have several oil paintings of previous animals hanging up and have lots of pictures I've taken over the years.
I do not support cremation because the body is totally gone. Ashes are just that - no whiskers, ears, eyes, nose, paw pads, claws, tail, and fur. So Daisy was only cremated because that is what the hospital does. I had no choice. But the vet made my day much "better" by giving me some for I did want to keep.