How to get rid of mice

Rottiwild

Simple question guys, got some really persistent mice in our garage. We take their home, through it into the road, the mice all run out, some birds swoop down and take some away. But STILL, two days later it's like they are all back again.

I have tried laying down sticky paper (for mice) But I don't have the balls to kill the poor thing after and it's horrible to torture it by leaving it stuck till it dies!

I don't want to use poisen really as I don't want rotting mice in the garage... IDeas guys?

chris

Hi,

I have used the humane mouse traps. The type that trap 'em but not kill 'em. This type of trap works very well BUT a word of warning take the mice for a nice long drive before you release them. If you release them outside your back door they'll just come straight back. I would have thought a couple of miles away should do it and its better than killing them in my opinion.

Chris

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I've heard that Peppermint Oil soaked on cotton balls will discourage mice. Also, some people have reported good results with using laundry dryer sheets in areas where mice are present...of course the best deterrent is a cat or dog that is a known 'ratter'. :playful:

Knightofalbion

Simple question guys, got some really persistent mice in our garage. We take their home, through it into the road, the mice all run out, some birds swoop down and take some away. But STILL, two days later it's like they are all back again.

I have tried laying down sticky paper (for mice) But I don't have the balls to kill the poor thing after and it's horrible to torture it by leaving it stuck till it dies!

I don't want to use poisen really as I don't want rotting mice in the garage... IDeas guys?
Throwing them into the road? Glue paper? More than a little cruel...They're all God's creatures.

Firstly, I would ask how they get in? The garage has a door, yes? Is there a hole in the wall where they can get in?
I had a mouse. Went round the house on my hands and kness with some cement! That's the first thing to do. Block up any possible entry points.

Peppermint, as suggested by Alpha, is a long-standing folk 'remedy' for keeping mice away. Best of all, it doesn't harm them and is safe for use around pets.

You can get a sonic device. (In the UK, its brand name is 'The Big Cheese') You just plug it in, turn on the switch and it starts emitting a very high frequency sound. It is so high people can't hear it, but mice can. They cannot abide it and they leave! It doesn't kill them, apart from earache, doesn't harm them either and it is pet friendly.