I am here to warn people about Cytopoint that killed for sure my 10 years old dog

HexiaValten

I am French and two days ago I lost my French Bulldog Hera. I wanted to help her with a treatment for her atopic dermatitis. I have a feeling since March that our love was not okay it was maybe because of this injection of Cytopoint, because few days after she seemed very tired and the first veterinarian gave a shot of Cytopoint on the 3rd of March 2022.

Few days after my lovely dog started to be tired, a very unusual behavior. Then she started to loose more and more weight on his face but Hera also started to have a strange belly like a balloon. Then next, a little more than two weeks from now she did not want to eat, we went to the Veternarian , did some exams with an echography ( or a sonogram I am not sure to know as a French which word is better) and she ate foods during two days and stopped.

I felt the danger. At first we came a new then two times to our veterinarian that did not found the problem and led us to see another veterinarian. I changed our veterinarian for another more than 16 miles away. We came there on Tuesday and they discover a disaster with an auto immune severe complication. They wanted to make a gaseous anaesthesia the most safely as possible to find what causes all this pain, to save our baby, otherwise she was promesses to death.

Of course it was risky because Hera was very weak. Less 45 fives minutes later they told us that our love was dead, passed away. We came back to see her, it was and it is still horribly painful. I could not sleep so I already lost a dog by natural cause but here it was very very quick and abnormal. Hera had reactions as if poison was in her system and blood.

When I read the exams result, many lesions was present, but was not present on March. The night before the days this baby drank and drank water all the times at the différence that she vomit and tried to purge her system with the grass in the garden, and developed quickly from approximately two weeks since now an important anemia, we also discovered that some part of her skin and her left eye became yellow on the corner and just before her death the serum albumine was more than high. She had suddenly and auto-immune disease with a destruction of her red blood cells. We have two others French Bulldogs , a 11 years old male and a 7 years old female. Hera was 10, and it was certainly not a natural death, we normally follow them properly.

But I remember now how was the injection, I cried all the times since her death because I feel guilty, because I maintained my love into my arms holding her head whereas she received this poison in her blood. I am a rational person, I read and read the test and I had this strange feeling few days after she received this shot that something was wrong.

I remember few things from my University in Science and Technology, even if I am just a web developer today, Not a Vetenarian I can tell you that I already share this experience with my new Vetenarian today, because I am able to make a difference between a natural death for a dog here and a death caused by a poison or a chemical reaction. There are more natural way to help your dog but please, before it is too late take the time before thinking and using at first view an easy way to help your dogs with some allergies. It can kill him or her.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTouch

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a very normal reaction part of sadness at her loss for you to feel guilty it is a normal part of grief however you have no reason to feel guilty, you took professional advice from your vet and tried to do your very best for her....... trouble is the animal medical licensing board has licensed this product and vets then will and can use it and as it costs a lot of money for clients,so making it profitable for the Vet.
The only positive now left for you is to make a formal written complaint to your National animal medicine licensing board AND to your Vet who used it otherwise this deadly product will remain licensed and Vets will continue to use it causing heart break for more owners.

HexiaValten

Original Poster
I am so sorry I just read your answer today, thank you a lot for your message and I will follow your advice. Thank you for your words and your kindness 🌸