I Don't Work Here

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
It's so funny how people always mistake me for a store employee. Last week I was at Walmart, at the entrance, wiping the handle of the shopping cart with the sanitary wipe they provide. A gal came walking out, pushing her cart, and held up her receipt for me to see, like it was a club store like Sams or Costco, LOL.

Today, was a double header! At Walmart again, when a woman approached and asked me where she could find scales. Then I went to Petsmart to stock up on cat litter, and a lady came over and asked where I keep my doggie doors, LOL!!

I'm the type that likes to help people out anyway, so if I do know what they want, I point them in the right direction. But, I always tell them that I don't work here, and when I say that, they seem a bit embarassed.

Don't know if it's because I'm always in jeans and a tee-shirt, or if it's the look on my face, but this has been happening for a long time. Today at the pet store, it may have been because I bought 4 bags of cat litter, maybe she thought I was stocking or relocating the product.

Anyone else get mistaken for store employees?

skarlett88

That's neat. Either you're wearing the team colours, or you're just that approachable. :) Both? I never have that problem, though I've definitely made that mistake before on other unsuspecting folks just trying to do their shopping. :rolleyes:

wombat

I have never had that problem myself, but I have asked a shopper for help thinking they were an employee of a firm :D

princess-sprinkles

you must seem knowledgeable! The other day I was in petsmart and I mistook somebody for an employee too! Was embarrassing but not really because I bought a new hamster that day so I forgot all about it until now

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Original Poster
you must seem knowledgeable! The other day I was in petsmart and I mistook somebody for an employee too! Was embarrassing but not really because I bought a new hamster that day so I forgot all about it until now
Congratulations, glad to hear you added another little one to your pack! ;)

chris

I have been mistaken like this too. Personally, and in my, case I think it's my attitude. I tend to go into shops, particularly DIY or electronic stores, as if I own them and with an air of "DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!".

I have to say, very often, I do act the part and take the customer to where they need to be in the store.

While in a similar vein, We took our Grandaughter, when she was about 4 years old, to a garden center. She went marching off and singled out some chap, a customer, and promptly said " Excuse me can you tell me where the fishes are?" It was so cute and funny.

Chris

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Original Poster
Cute story about your grandaughter. :friendly_wink: