i have a very serious issue with my neighbors and them messing with my dog!

dora the mutt

Ok here's what's happened so far

These new ppl moved in next door and now I'm going to court over my dog! I have always left my dog outside when I leave home because she would trash the house or if I put her in a kennel she would howl and bark till we got home! (One time she could hardly bark when we got home) so she has gone outside which she loves cuz when we get home she knows we watch tv curled up on the couch..... anyway when they moved in it was really hot outside and they called the cops.

When we got home they had the dog in their place and the cops were there. The cops said since she had water and shelter there was nothing they could do. So a couple weeks after that I came home to find my dog missing but my 8 week old puppy still outside. I called the cops and found out that supposedly my dog hadn't been able to reach her water and by the time the cop had arrived she was almost dead! I rushed down to the police station and paid to get my dog back who was perfectly fine when I got her back. (Also when I got home my dogs water had been moved from where it was when I left) (by the way my puppy was completly fine since he drug his water bowl under the porch.)

Now I have to come up with 500 dollars plus court fines ( the five hundred dollars is for missing court totally my fault I know. I was picking up my daughter from my ex and he was an hour late). And now my puppy is missing and I don't have the money to even buy posters to put up! Jesus I hate meddling ppl! Also tonight my dog starts whining to go outside so I put her out and not 30 min later they are screaming in my bedroom window to get her out of the rain! (My dog barks to be let in when I'm home and she's ready)

Last edited:

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
When your dog is outside, is she in a fenced yard? Just wondering how they were able to get the dog into their home, or move a water bowl. And why wasn't the dog able to reach her water bowl, is she chained? :confused:

I don't like it either when people leave their dogs out in the hot summer weather, unless there really is a lot of shade from trees, and adequate shelter with fresh water. The fact that the puppy had dragged his water bowl under the porch, makes me think it was too hot and he needed shade/cool. Also, I can't imagine a dog draggin their water bowl for any distance, without spilling most or all of it on the ground.

I know that paying fines and dealing with animal control is frustrating for you. Could it be that these people are truly just looking out for the welfare of the dog?

dora the mutt

Original Poster
When your dog is outside, is she in a fenced yard? Just wondering how they were able to get the dog into their home, or move a water bowl. And why wasn't the dog able to reach her water bowl, is she chained? :confused:

I don't like it either when people leave their dogs out in the hot summer weather, unless there really is a lot of shade from trees, and adequate shelter with fresh water. The fact that the puppy had dragged his water bowl under the porch, makes me think it was too hot and he needed shade/cool. Also, I can't imagine a dog draggin their water bowl for any distance, without spilling most or all of it on the ground.

I know that paying fines and dealing with animal control is frustrating for you. Could it be that these people are truly just looking out for the welfare of the dog?
to begin thanks for the input and i really appretiate it
and i bet in their mind they are looking out for the dogs wellfare but why wouldnt they have the cops take my puppy? and my dog is chained yes but so is their dog when they let it out! my dog loves being outside she constinly whines at the door to go out. she also whines or barks to come in when she is ready! they also call on the neighbors on the otherside of them about the mean dog in the fenced in back yard... that if their kid would stay away from the fence the dog wouldnt growl and snap at them....... the puppy had water still in his bowl not much but he did. also this is the first time i have ever had an inside dog and my other dogs always where fine ppl have their own opinions and i respect that but in my opinion dogs wouldnt have such a hard time surviving outside if they werent so pampered it is not neglect to have a dog outside or chained as long as they have food water and shelter

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
to begin thanks for the input and i really appretiate it
and i bet in their mind they are looking out for the dogs wellfare but why wouldnt they have the cops take my puppy? and my dog is chained yes but so is their dog when they let it out! my dog loves being outside she constinly whines at the door to go out. she also whines or barks to come in when she is ready! they also call on the neighbors on the otherside of them about the mean dog in the fenced in back yard... that if their kid would stay away from the fence the dog wouldnt growl and snap at them....... the puppy had water still in his bowl not much but he did. also this is the first time i have ever had an inside dog and my other dogs always where fine ppl have their own opinions and i respect that but in my opinion dogs wouldnt have such a hard time surviving outside if they werent so pampered it is not neglect to have a dog outside or chained as long as they have food water and shelter
Not sure why they weren't worrying about the puppy, hard to know what they were thinking. If the dog on the other side of them is mean, they shouldn't really be concerned as long as it's behind a secure fence, and not allowed to get out off-leash. Maybe they are just the type who complain, there are a lot of folks like that.

I respect other people's opinion also, as to the way they keep their pets, as long as the animal is not suffering or abused. Although the dogs can survive outside on a chain with shelter and water, I have a different way of thinking about my pets. I know that they are very social animals, and consider them as members of the family. If left out, I personally would never chain them. They can't get around that way, or get any exercise, not really abusive, but certainly not ideal IMO.

I have a carpeted dog bed/shelter, built right into our porch, my husband did the work when we bought the house. We decided to have that in the case where we were gone, the dogs were in the yard, and the weather got bad, like a thunderstorm. Our yard has a lot of trees, you can see in my photo albums, so they would be shaded or protected from heat, high winds/snows. But...we rarely leave our dogs outside, if they can be in the house, they are most secure and happiest there for sure.

I understand that your dog may tear things up in the house, but maybe you can confine it to the kitchen only. How is the puppy? Same thing with destruction and barking, etc?

Rottiwild

Just read this through a bit... So the dog is chained up but he moved his bowl a distance? Why is the dog chained up in a secured yard?? I don't know if I missed this but what type of dog isit?

Some things don't sound right, and yes missing court is not a good option!

I am not sure why any one would leave their dog chained up all day while at work or whatever. Just take the chain off an let them do what the want in the garden!

I live in Thailand so the weather is always hot, the dogs are off chain all day in the garden able to run around when they want, hide in shade where the want etc. I am really trying to understand why the dog is chained up :O