I need help with my 2 one month old musk turtle.

Nolanv464end

Hello, so I have recently acquired 2 very very tiny musk turtles. one is a normal size while one is about 1/2 the size of the normal hatchling. The person that I got them form lives on a lake. he said "I was raking leaves and seen something white and picked it up and a baby turtle fell out''. a couple of hours later he got one in his minnow trap. so I took them home to see if I could help them. the smaller one just floats and lays there sprawls out all the time he doesn't move much and they won't eat on their own so does someone know what to do?

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Hello, so I have recently acquired 2 very very tiny musk turtles. one is a normal size while one is about 1/2 the size of the normal hatchling. The person that I got them form lives on a lake. he said "I was raking leaves and seen something white and picked it up and a baby turtle fell out''. a couple of hours later he got one in his minnow trap. so I took them home to see if I could help them. the smaller one just floats and lays there sprawls out all the time he doesn't move much and they won't eat on their own so does someone know what to do?
They are probably stressed. High stress levels can cause loss of appetite and lethargy.

I would recommend just putting them in a good environment. A large tank with clean, dechlorinated water. A nice warm basking spot. Don’t bother them and let him just chill and get used to their surroundings. Make sure they’ve got a uvb light.

You can try offering food, but after having some stressful like that happen, they probably won’t want to eat. The best thing to do is try not to stress them out.