Is anyone Interested in the Weather?

chris

When I say interested in the weather I mean a keen interest in the way it works and not whether you should take a brolly with you or not today.

I have taken quite an interest just lately in local and world weather after watching a couple of documentaries. One about the way weather systems are created around the equator and another about storm chasing.

Has anyone else got a more than passing interest in the weather?

Chris

wombat

I am facinated by some of the unusual cloud formations, and I would be interested in the documentaries, when son was learning to fly he had to learn all about the weather and the different clouds and what they meant.

chris

Original Poster
I have always had a bit of an interest in the science of the weather and I also had to sit an exam for my PPl too. I haven't flown for many years now but have just taken a renewed interest in the subject. Yes I like to study the clouds and try to predict the weather or make comical images out of the shapes (usually body parts).

I'd like to get some serious meteorological equipment and start forecasting the weather. The seaweed I currently use is less than accurate.:D

Chris

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I always have an interest in the weather and the changes. The forecast that is aired by the news media is not always accurate to be sure. :sunshine: :rain:

chris

Original Poster
I always have an interest in the weather and the changes. The forecast that is aired by the news media is not always accurate to be sure. :sunshine: :rain:
I am involved with a UK group that are interested in storm chasing. There is not too much opportunity in the UK, however some members are off to the States for some real excitement.

I see, Alpha1, you are in the USA have you had any "hands on" experience with any nasty US storms?

Chrs

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I've experienced some fairly intense rain and snow storms, but nothing life threatening, like coastal hurricanes or tornadoes, etc. I've seen some storm chasers on TV, lol...I always think those guys are a bit crazy. :p

chris

Original Poster
I've experienced some fairly intense rain and snow storms, but nothing life threatening, like coastal hurricanes or tornadoes, etc. I've seen some storm chasers on TV, lol...I always think those guys are a bit crazy. :p
I'd like to go on a USA storm chase, in fact we are organising a group to go next year. I must remember to pack my brolly :eek-new:

chris

Original Poster
Terrible flooding again in the UK this has been a bad year for many poor souls there losing homes, businesses and saddly some loss of life. The World's weather seems to be going mad. Not too far away in Spain we have had it hot and dry to the extreme for over 3 months. That is until yesterday when that great tap in the sky over Spain decided to turn the sprinklers on. Now we have water coming through the roof. Still not complaining and it no where near as bad as at Home in UK where we are any way. Parts of Spain have had it very bad with loss of life.

Chris

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
The weather around the world definitely has been intense lately, there's been a long running drought in Texas (USA), and of course the many tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. I'm thankful I have never lost life or property due to severe weather.