Is this animal abuse?

Nick1302

My cousin is visiting, and he keeps his Dog in its crate a lot. He keeps the dog in the crate most of the day, or let's him out to the bathroom, and stuff, and he sleeps on the crate too. I think hes keeping it in the crate too much, because he doesn't want it to pee or chew our stuff. My cousin has autism, and my mom just took him to mentor, so I let the dog out of the crate, because I felt sorry for him. Hit water dish was also slobbery, and nasty, so I cleaned it. I let him run around the house for about 15 minutes, but he kept running around, and pissing everywhere. Is this abuse?

linda2147

yes it is. A puppy will never be housebroken if its crated all the time. A dog will not usually go where it sleeps but if it has no choice it will go in the crate defeaeating the purpose of the crate. This poor pup will wind up in a shelter or worse because stupid people will ruin this dog. If the dog knows nothing but the crate you will never teach it anything as usual its not the dog's fault but its the dog that will suffer. tell the idiots that own the pup to do the right thing and find it a good home before its to late to save him.

Nick1302

Original Poster
yes it is. A puppy will never be housebroken if its crated all the time. A dog will not usually go where it sleeps but if it has no choice it will go in the crate defeaeating the purpose of the crate. This poor pup will wind up in a shelter or worse because stupid people will ruin this dog. If the dog knows nothing but the crate you will never teach it anything as usual its not the dog's fault but its the dog that will suffer. tell the idiots that own the pup to do the right thing and find it a good home before its to late to save him.
I'm gonna talk to his mom tommarow, and ask if this is something that happens all the time. They have 2 other dogs, and I'm afraid that his parents do this too. When I got back from taking the dog on a walk, I told him not to put the dog in the crate, but to let him rome around. Hopefully he sort of got the message that I dont like it.