Is this animal abuse?

Nick1302

live with my mom. There is this guy with a pit bull who does work on our house sometimes. It usually sits in his car, but the dog wanted out today. So the dog was running around, and I noticed it had a pronged collar on. I acted like I didn't know what it was. I said "what kind of collar is that?". He said it's a pronged collar. He said that its usually just used for training, but he keeps it on because when they go in public, the dog pulls a lot, and the collar makes him not want to pull. I dont know if he keeps it on him 24/7 or not. I really didn't want to get on his ass, because his son and mother recently died, and he's been going through a lot.

linda2147

if used correctly a prong collar is not abuse, if its used for jumping and pulling its an effective way to put a stop to it

Nick1302

Original Poster
if used correctly a prong collar is not abuse, if its used for jumping and pulling its an effective way to put a stop to it
Well, ill just say that I don't agree with using pronged collars at all, but if he was using it correctly, he wouldn't be having the dog wear it without a leash. The dog was just running around with the collar by itself.