Just found a kitten

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Hi guys! So, my mom was at work When she found a kitten out in the street. It started crying and ran up to her, so she walked around the neighborhood and asked all the neighbors if they new anything about it. No one new where it came from. She couldn’t leave it for the mother to come back, because there was obviously something wrong with it. The poor thing is only maybe a few weeks old and it’s eyes were stuck shut and oosing all sorts of nastiness. So she put it in the car and brought it home and left it with my dad and I while she went back to work.

we got a piece of old t shirt and soaked it in warm water, then gently cleaned it’s face off. after that, both eyes are still a little swollen, but open. Then my dad ran to the store to get some milk base and corn syrup to make kitten formula.

I have cuddled up in my sweat-shirt next to my body to keep it warm. The precious little angel fell asleep.

I just thought I’d let you guys now the state of things and see what your advice is.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
Update: it has a ferocious appetite. It loved the formula (evaporated milk, egg yolk, corn syrup and minerals). It ate and fell back to sleep again.

we gave it some regular eye drops to hopefully help with whatever is wrong till we can get some real anti-biotic kitten eye ointment.

it’s a spunky little thing. It thinks I’m it’s mom and refuses to be parted from me.
its so precious☺

linda2147

you can wash its eyes out with warm milk, the lactose in the milk will pull out the infections . Don't forget its little and you will probably have to stimulate it to pee and poop. Wash its genitals with warm water on a face cloth or some other rag..

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
Update: the kitten is doing good. It is using the litter box to go potty and eating plenty. It even ran around the living room and chased the laser. It’s eyes are doing a little better, but it still has trouble seeing things. I’ve been putting an eye ointment (for human eye infections) on it’s eyes to hopefully take away the infection.

So far, Shadow (my adult kitty) still hisses at the kitten and generally stays away from it. Hopefully they warm up to each other.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
Update: the kitty did good through the night. Woke me up at 6:00 am to run around and play. It’s still spunky as ever. Eating good. It hasn’t gone poo yet though, just pee.
Shadow on the other hand, is growing to hate the kitten more and more and is starting to pee in the house to mark her territory, so we will likely have to rehome the kitten. I’m planning on asking around at church to see if I can find a good home for it.

the kitten’s eyes are also a lot better today. It’s been able to see better and the swelling has gone down.

Last edited:

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
Update: the kitten is doing great! We took care of her fleas. Her eye infections are pretty much gone. We weaned her onto solid food and she loves it. She is SUPER energetic and runs around the house attacking stuff all day. She it’s the sweetest little thing. Her beautiful stripy calico fur coat is looking healthy and gorgeous now. We have been putting a little vegable oil in her ears since she had a couple ear mites on her when we found her, so hopefully that will take care of the problem. We still need to de-worm her, but other then that, everything is good!

I’m thinking maybe she’s a calico tabby mix?

Here are some updated pictures of her. A8BC50CB-654A-4777-84DF-438A29D33411.jpeg498DE041-63C2-45D4-BBDD-184A32CD3A8C.jpeg39F1A9E8-E245-42BB-8B44-D0818B12FC40.jpegD405A97A-15AE-40ED-98E4-40E643651CB5.jpeg

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
For the sake of humor, I did want to post this photo of her. This is right after her bath, I wrapped her in a bunch of towels, and she kind of looked like baby yoda. Poor little thing. 4D23F724-8602-41C8-9241-343E7C82FC3E.jpegAfter she dried off she was a lot happier.D48A9DE9-6F29-4A69-8382-ED74A41E15CD.jpeg

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
Does anyone have any ideas on how we could get shadow (my adult cat) to warm up to the kitten? She still hates it and I’m afraid of her peeing around the house to mark her territory.