Just had a meth raid on one of our apartments!

Rottiwild

Well I have mentioned before I live in Thailand and since I posed literally ten minutes ago... we have had a raid on our compound!

We own 9 apartments for rent (to Thais not a tourist area) only cheap apartments, and suddenly we had 2 pick up trucks and a crappy mmotorcycle pull up and stormed out the car down our compound, we are like woh woh who the **** are you?????? Apparently we have a meth dealer on the compound! The actual pill is called Yaba and is a big problem here, it comes from Burma (now Myanmar) and is a very cheap pill so is very popular among the poor Thais.

Apparently the dealers are the 2 lady boys we rent out apartment to, which isn;t actually suprising. It is not uncommon at all for lady boys to steal, use and sell yaba.

Very off topic for a dog forum, but I thought I would share.

The people weren't in (lucky for them). My wifes cousin was done for selling yaba and got sentenced 50 years. No chance of getting out earlier. I am nto sure whether he got half for admitting guilt, but then still he would of gotten 25 years, and there is nothing like a good behavior thing.

The King here though does grant pardons to thousands of prisoners a year on his birthday, so hopefully my wifes cousin will be out sooner to see his lovely kids and can get to living a normal life.

While I am on the subject though I would like to mention another arrest I heard of, a foreigner bloke, murdered another foreigner here (when I say foreigner I mean not Thai) he showed no remore at all, when asked by the court as to why he did it, he said he didn't like him... this dude is like 60 years old and is talking like he is a G???

Guess what this guy got??? 4 years!!! And because he pleaded guilty, he got half! So he is only doing 2 years for murder. I am not saying drug dealing is good and heavy drug dealers should be sentenced yeah.

But even smoking marijuana here and only having 1 joint can lead you in prison for a year! Imagine that, getting sentanced half of what a murdered got just because you were smoking a joint!

Any way... sorry for this completely off topic and blabbering on post, I have had a couple beers and having a gang of normal clothes policeman trying to raid my apartments has got my adrenaline pumped wow!

Please delete if inappropriate LOL

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
From what I know, making meth can be dangerous and cause explosions/fires...so I personally would not want anyone making the stuff to be living near me at all. As far as using the drug, I don't care much, people can pick their poison as long as it doesn't affect me, my family or my property.

I never heard of Yaba, but that seems like a long jail sentence for selling the drug. But...people have to be smart when they do things outside the law. The common term is "if you play, you pay", and if I was living in Thailand, I would be aware of the severity of my offenses and the possibilities of long jail terms.

Murder shouldn't be taken lightly either, but fact of the matter is, some people, depending on who they are or who they know, get lesser sentences. I think it's that way throughout the world.

Having a joint or smoking pot should not be much of an offense anywhere. There are medical benefits of cannibis for those with chronic pain, etc. They should just legalize it and get it over with, they can sell it like they do liquor.

Rottiwild

Original Poster
They won't be cooking it here luckily, it all comes from Burma, and even after all that transportation it still only cost less than a dollar a pill I believe. I believe it is meth is pill form, then they wrap the pill in foil, and roll up some paper or something to inhale the smoke, also injectable.

I don't think the ladyboys have even come back now, they must of heard about it!

Any way that was an interesting moment.

From what I know, making meth can be dangerous and cause explosions/fires...so I personally would not want anyone making the stuff to be living near me at all. As far as using the drug, I don't care much, people can pick their poison as long as it doesn't affect me, my family or my property.

I never heard of Yaba, but that seems like a long jail sentence for selling the drug. But...people have to be smart when they do things outside the law. The common term is "if you play, you pay", and if I was living in Thailand, I would be aware of the severity of my offenses and the possibilities of long jail terms.

Murder shouldn't be taken lightly either, but fact of the matter is, some people, depending on who they are or who they know, get lesser sentences. I think it's that way throughout the world.

Having a joint or smoking pot should not be much of an offense anywhere. There are medical benefits of cannibis for those with chronic pain, etc. They should just legalize it and get it over with, they can sell it like they do liquor.