life of a dog on a chain

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Breaks my heart to see people chain their dogs outside 24/7/365......I couldn't even chain my dog for an hour, when he's in the yard it's for a very short time and we are always home, he's never on a chain. I go in and out and so does he. I don't see it where I live, but I've seen enough examples on TV of dogs on heavy chains dying of thirst and hunger and most of all starved for affection. :(

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
It breaks my heart too. I would never chain my my dog! It's so sad to see how a dog feels.

linda2147

Original Poster
I don't even own a chain, I have a huge kennel for Phoenix if she wants to go out and lay in the grass or in the sun. Not that she is out much anyway, she is velcro dog, where I am, she is. She is laying by my feet right now, if I get up and go into another room so does she, she would not do well living on a chain and I'd never have a dog that had to live outside by itself

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Some people say they half to chain there dogs if lots of people dome to the house. But they really could have it better for the dog. Don't chain your dog. Build a pen outside (a big one!), shut the dog in the basement (only for a little), some people have a fenced in back yard, put your dog there well you have a visiter. DON'T CHAIN YOUR DOG!