Litter Locker Refills

Mensa Dropout

Hi, New here. Does anyone use a litter locker for their cat poo? We have one for Molly and need to find a new way to use the bags. They are so expensive to buy. Does anyone know if you can purchase some bags at a Dollar store that work just as well. Thanks for any help.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Welcome to the forum Mansa.

I have no idea what bags you are talking about. You can scoop poop into any plastic bag.

Mensa Dropout

Original Poster
Hi there. It is a container something like a diaper genie. You have to use bags in it but they are quite expensive. Otherwise they work great.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
I have never seen this before. What kind of literbox does your cat use?

Mensa Dropout

Original Poster
She just uses a large regular box with clumping clay. Hubs just scoops out the poo every day and slips it into the litter locker. No smell, very compact and it stays for quite a while before you have to empty it. We love it but find the bags are kind of expensive. I thought everyone had one. (grin)

Mensa Dropout

Original Poster
I believe we have found some 15 Litre Glad Bags that will be perfect for our Litter Locker. We live in London Ontario Canada. Thanks for the posts from Florida. :)

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
I don't need a Litter Locker. There is a trash can beside the garage/laundry room door - not far from my cat's litterbox.

My cat (Daisy) also uses clumpable litter, so there is no smell.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
It is not the Canadian air. I assume you are not buying clumpable litter, which traps odors purrfectly.

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Hi, New here. Does anyone use a litter locker for their cat poo? We have one for Molly and need to find a new way to use the bags. They are so expensive to buy. Does anyone know if you can purchase some bags at a Dollar store that work just as well. Thanks for any help.

Hello, and welcome to the forum!
I don't use the "litter locker"....and I don't really even know what that is. And sense I don't really know what it is, I would not know about the dollar store.

Hi there. It is a container something like a diaper genie. You have to use bags in it but they are quite expensive. Otherwise they work great.

Oh, ok. I can understand it a little better now. :) I'm sorry, but I don't know where you could get those....:confused: