Looking for a new brand of canned cat food

pinkest_space

Hi! I have a five(ish) year old American Longhair cat (Annie). I'm looking to find a new brand of canned cat food for her. I normally give her a portion in the morning and one at night, and she has a small bowl of dry food (Annamaet Grain-Free). I want to find a healthy wet food for her, and have tried out a few, but she's extremely picky. I recently tried Tiki Cat but she'd only eat one kind from that, and this week she's stopped eating it at all. There are so many brands and I'm doing research, but if anyone has any recommendations I'd really appreciate it. ♥

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Welcome! I feed my cat Wellness chicken pate, Natural Balance Turkey and Giblets and Natural Balance Chicken and Liver flavors, I rotate those three for him, give him 1/3 of a small can per day and free feed Blue dry food, hairball formula. He doesn't seem to like fish flavors, so this has been working for him reliably for years now. For treats I give him some Orijen freeze dried treats.

CatMom1994

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting.

The only problem with Tiki Cat is they make it look good to people, not cats. I wish all of their recipes were pate or minced without anything being visible except the meat.

The best cat food at a mass market pet store is Nature's Variety Instinct. Unfortunately my last cat was a very picky eater, so I settled on what she liked: Blue Buffalo. That will be my go-to brand again this year if it passes the taste test only because NVI would double the cost.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
I get the Kirkland natures domain at Costco. It’s all real meat (no by products) and meal free and grain free. My kitties like it well enough, but my grandma’s cat is picky and won’t eat it. It’s worth a try though! If he likes it, it’s a great wet food. It’s really hard to find meal free canned cat food with real meat and no meat-by-products.