Looking for a new furry friend to add to my family

Pheynixx

[FONT=&quot]Hello all,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm currently looking for a new rodent to add to my family and am unsure as to what type I should get. After doing some research about various rodents I decided it might be best to look for owners of rodents and ask their opinions. The only kind of rodent that I would not like would be a rat. The only reason for this being that their lifespans are so short. At the very top of the list of things I would love in my new pet would be, I want something that is affectionate. I would love a little rodent that wants to be held close and likes to be around its human. Next would be something that doesn't have a strong odor. I understand that any small animal will have one but I want something that isn't a bam in your face odor. The last thing would be it would be nice to have something that was more intelligent. Something smart enough to maybe learn some tricks, be littler trained and learn its name would be fantastic although I'm not sure such a rodent exists. Thank you all very much for your time! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]
Pheynixx

Dog Force One

Banned
How about a rabbit? Not really a rodent, but it checks your boxes.

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
This does not check your boxes at all but maybe a few chickens? That's what I'm after in a month or so.

Pheynixx

Original Poster
Thank you all for your suggestions! After doing a little more research I think I've narrowed it down to a Jird of some kind or a Degu. Does anyone on here own one? If so could you give me an inside scoop on what it's like owning one? Also, does anyone know which would be more affectionate?
Thanks!
Pheynixx

johnkane

What about chinchilla? I know it can take some time to get any chinchilla used to your hands, but they are worthed as pets.