Meet "Blue Boy"!

cluckmecoop7

rip bb
Most of you know that I recently lost my beloved betta fish, Rainbow. Well, a few weeks later.....with an empty tank....... I wanted a new fish!
Meet "Blue Boy"!
(At least, that's what I call him for now.)
I'm so sorry everyone I don't have a picture of him yet, sooooo.....this is what he looks like. Almost exactly.
(Google Images)
betta-splenden.jpg
I will post a picture of him later today.
I'm very happy to have another fish again! :)

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Most of you know that I recently lost my beloved betta fish, Rainbow. Well, a few weeks later.....with an empty tank....... I wanted a new fish!
Meet "Blue Boy"!
I'm so sorry everyone I don't have a picture of him yet, sooooo.....this is what he looks like. Almost exactly.
(Google Images)
View attachment 10324
Meet "Blue Boy"!
(Google Images)
View attachment 10324
Neat! Where did you get him? If you got him him from a pet store, then it might be a good idea to add a bunch of almond leaves and keep the lights low for a while to have a low stress environment, and just watch him. If he has any bloat or scale distention or looks skinny or pale, then I’d recommend treating him for parasites. It’s pretty common for pet store fish to come home with some fin rot and parasites, so it’s just kind of protocol. Kind of like getting a new dog or cat, you always want to keep things really low stress and not have very much going on so they can “settle in” and you can make sure they aren’t having any problems in the new environment.

Good luck! I hope he does well. I’m very excited to see pictures.🙂

cluckmecoop7

rip bb
Original Poster
Neat! Where did you get him? If you got him him from a pet store, then it might be a good idea to add a bunch of almond leaves and keep the lights low for a while to have a low stress environment, and just watch him. If he has any bloat or scale distention or looks skinny or pale, then I’d recommend treating him for parasites. It’s pretty common for pet store fish to come home with some fin rot and parasites, so it’s just kind of protocol. Kind of like getting a new dog or cat, you always want to keep things really low stress and not have very much going on so they can “settle in” and you can make sure they aren’t having any problems in the new environment.

Good luck! I hope he does well. I’m very excited to see pictures.🙂
I got him from my local Pet Quarters. I inspected him very carefully before buying him and he seems in pretty good shape! Thanks for the advice! Yes, he is in dim light and not bothered much right now.

I have a question. How much do you recommend I feed him per day?

cluckmecoop7

rip bb
Original Poster
Finally I have some not-very-good pictures to show you guys. I was on a hike, so now it is almost 10:00 PM and dark....so that's why the pictures aren't the greatest. I'll get more tomorrow.
DSCN9568.jpg
DSCN9564.jpg

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
I got him from my local Pet Quarters. I inspected him very carefully before buying him and he seems in pretty good shape! Thanks for the advice! Yes, he is in dim light and not bothered much right now.

I have a question. How much do you recommend I feed him per day?
He’s cute!

Their stomach is about the size of their eye, that should give a good estimate. I would very highly recommend you feed an omega one pellet formula. Most flake foods are full of junk and are pretty much like feeding your fish McDonalds every day.

Omega one is meal free (which is super good) and is made from fresh fish and shrimp. The color enhancing mix is really good for bettas because it’s super high protein, but also has pea in it to help their digestive track move along smoothly. 2 pellets for breakfast and 2 for dinner should be plenty.

I do NOT recommend Tetra products, aqueon, etc.

New life spectrum is a good brand though, if you can’t find omega one for some reason. New life spectrum is my second best go-to.

I would also recommend mixing up their diet a little with some bloodworms or mysis shrimp every once in a while (If they are freeze dried, then they need to be presoaked though).

cluckmecoop7

rip bb
Original Poster
He’s cute!

Their stomach is about the size of their eye, that should give a good estimate. I would very highly recommend you feed an omega one pellet formula. Most flake foods are full of junk and are pretty much like feeding your fish McDonalds every day.

Omega one is meal free (which is super good) and is made from fresh fish and shrimp. The color enhancing mix is really good for bettas because it’s super high protein, but also has pea in it to help their digestive track move along smoothly. 2 pellets for breakfast and 2 for dinner should be plenty.

I do NOT recommend Tetra products, aqueon, etc.

New life spectrum is a good brand though, if you can’t find omega one for some reason. New life spectrum is my second best go-to.

I would also recommend mixing up their diet a little with some bloodworms or mysis shrimp every once in a while (If they are freeze dried, then they need to be presoaked though).
Thank you for the information! I will look into changing his diet!

cluckmecoop7

rip bb
Original Poster
Just to give you guys an update, Blue Boy is doing great!
He settling in well....and he even made a bubble nest! :)

cluckmecoop7

rip bb
Original Poster
I also got some more pictures of him, but they aren't very good. :confused: Can I see more pictures of your fish? :)