Member banned for an off-topic thread?

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
I was having a good conversation with a new member who joined to discuss his recent great accomplishment. If I was Alpha I would not have banned him, but just moved the thread to the Off-Topic forum. Instead all signs point to the poster being banned for that thread topic. Why? If it was truly spam, I would not have been nice to him in return, because I am mean to all spammers.

Matrix

Admin
But it's a spammer, not all spammers are bots, some of them do read the forum and interact with other members. Spammers drop spam links all over the board, write senseless posts like "this is a good post." Trust me, this forum is better without them.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
CatMom, you should have never engaged him, you obviously did not recognize that he was a troll and a spammer and he was playing you. But I don't expect all regular members to pick up on these things, although some do.

Did you look at the video he posted with one of our presidents that was glorifying bombing and killing? If you did, wasn't it obvious that it was not professional and homemade? Didn't that raise any red flags for you?

Whether you talked to him or not is beside the point. We try and keep this board clean of trolls, spammers and anyone who may post links or videos that would infect a member's computer. We have experience in recognizing a problem registration and remove that person from the community.

We will continue to remove problem posters to keep Pet Forums a safe place to visit.

Last edited:

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
No, I did not see the video.