My cat keep biting her left paw.

Taremour

We have 15weeks old kitten, I never saw her do that before but today I noticed she keeps biting and licking her left front paw. (We cut her nails today if that mean anything) I checked and everything seems fine. No bleeding, no missing fur, nothing stuck in her paw. Her bean is just really pink but i believe it's because of her aggressive biting and licking in this one spot. It's seems like she keep biting on it, tries to walk it off but something bothers her and she immediately sit down and bite herself again. She also shakes that paw from time to time. Is that normal or should I worry? She's my first ever kitten so I panic everytime I see something off... except that biting she seems completely fine. In the morning she was okay. She was playful etc. We left for few hours came back and she was still fine. We cut her nails and thats when it started. (We didn't cut to much just tips)

CatMom1994

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting. What is your cat's name?

Her paw probably itches really bad. I used to have a cat who looked like he was trying to bite two toes off while licking his back right foot.

TTouch

As it only started once you clipped her nails then it is more than likely that is the reason... you have checked you didn't clip too much off and accidently ( and temporarily) made it sore however it will feel different to her, walking on trimmed claws to too long claws.. what I would do is check again and make sure, salt water bath her foot ( just in case) dry it and then if everything is OK use distraction play if/when you see her do it...as the issue could be she chews on her foot does damage herself and causes an infection

Taremour

Original Poster
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting. What is your cat's name?

Her paw probably itches really bad. I used to have a cat who looked like he was trying to bite two toes off while licking his back right foot.
Her name's Cookie. We just came back from Vet and they said that they can't see anything wrong with it either so it's probably just irritated and they gave her cone and said to keep an eye on it.

CatMom1994

Her name's Cookie. We just came back from Vet and they said that they can't see anything wrong with it either so it's probably just irritated and they gave her a cone and said to keep an eye on it.
I wish veterinarians could treat the paw instead of just prevent the cat from licking and biting it. This is way too common. Cats hate cones.

If you had clipped the claws too short, Cookie would had blood coming out of them, so I am sure you did it right.

Taremour

Original Poster
I wish veterinarians could treat the paw instead of just prevent the cat from licking and biting it. This is way too common. Cats hate cones.

If you had clipped the claws too short, Cookie would had blood coming out of them, so I am sure you did it right.
That's why I don't understand why she's doing it. But like I said before vet couldn't find anything wrong with it so all I can do is wait and hope it will heal.

TTouch

hope it will heal.
So was she doing damage to it chewing it? Is so a potential to cause a secondary infection....
But if the vet couldn't see anything wrong then it is likely it just 'felt' different to her when walking so I personally wouldn't just leave her in a cone, it has been a few days she has got used to walking on it with it feeling different now, so take the cone off, play with her and see if she returns to chew it or not