My Cat Loves the Heat Vents on the floor

davdgreat

Hello - My 2 cats love the new floor vents that push out hot air. Has anyone run into this and has it caused any issues? Or do you have any recommendations on how to keep them off the vents so hair does not go down the vent?

Thanks in advance!
Dave

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
LOL Mine did too when I lived in a house that had floor vents. Actually most of them were at the bottom of the walls and one was at the bottom of the pantry. They ignored the two floor vents. One cat liked the pantry vent. He did not sleep there, just enjoyed the heat. The other two cats, who I already had before he joined my family, took naps at another kitchen air vent and the exterior wall living room vent. Often they did that at the same time so I could look both directions and see a cat sleeping at an air vent. I called it "hogging the heat" and wondered why they did not get fur burn by lying against them so long. For some reason that can't happen to cats.

Where I live now (and will for the rest of my life), all air vents are on the ceiling. So I will never get to see cats do that anymore.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
My cat will lie near the vent sometimes, but never directly right on top. The ones I have are easy to remove and wipe out if needed, so I don't worry about cat fur accumulating there. A damp paper towel does the trick.

mechi2

I used to have a chihuahua that loved to lie down on the floor heat vents when the furnace was on, vet said no harm in her doing that. Never occurred to me that hair would get down in there, you could try closing the flaps