My dad is leaving his cats alone for a month. What do i do?

Nick1302

My dad and his gf live together. One cat was a stray that the previous owners left behind that my dad takes care of. The other one is my dads gfs 3 years old cat. They both stay outside during the day and come in at night. My dad and his gf are going to arizona in a couple days and they were just gonna leave the cats outside to fend for themselves. I thought that sounded crazy. My dad said they'll be fine because they are good at catching mice and birds and they can drink from a nearby stream. I know this is wrong. What should I do? Should I call animal control? I dont want to ruin my relationship with my dad over this.

linda2147

your father is not sending a good message of being a responsible cat owner and the girlfriend is no better. those cats need to be taken care of and if he has to board them or hire someone to come in to look after them or have you or someone else go in and make sure they have food and water. obviously two self centered people that should not own pets. they need a wakeup call and you should do it.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
My dad and his gf live together. One cat was a stray that the previous owners left behind that my dad takes care of. The other one is my dads gfs 3 years old cat. They both stay outside during the day and come in at night. My dad and his gf are going to arizona in a couple days and they were just gonna leave the cats outside to fend for themselves. I thought that sounded crazy. My dad said they'll be fine because they are good at catching mice and birds and they can drink from a nearby stream. I know this is wrong. What should I do? Should I call animal control? I dont want to ruin my relationship with my dad over this.
Can't you care for the cats while they're gone?