My dog has lymphoma. How to know its time ?

linda2147

Even if the vet had caught it earlier it wouldn't have made any difference, the outcome would have been the same. You can't beat cancer, you may gain a little more time but for what, to keep him being uncomfortable or for having chemo or other painful procedures. No matter what you do cancer will always win out in the end.

lovemylittleboy

I know ..and I despise the word.!!! I just can't get over it. I really really miss my Levi. I wouldn't have done Chemo I won't even do that on myself..... I wonder if the cannabis extract oil would have helped him like it does humans... I would have done that for him. My little boy.....I just don't know how people can get over their losses so quick as some do. My husband said I love my animals too much.....................NOT! He is a such a jerk at times. He was younger than Nyla too and she was on her last legs when I brought her here (she was his moms dog and when she passed we inherited her for the duration) I nursed her back to health ...then she got this ODV , which is recovering from really well I must say. But it just don't seem fair. I have a Parrot too I had 2 but because of my husband I compromised and gave one up ,,,,the Blue and Gold Macaw. I have this Umbrella Cockatoo left and I just want to find him a home ...not through a rescue I just wish my kids or someone I know knows parrots well and would give him one on on attention Cockatoos demand. I know he will out live me (well supposed to ) but I am not dealing with this anymore ... my kids don't like or want him and everyday of my life I hear it from my husband.....I am sick of it. And now look I don't have my Levi ..I can't get over him....my shadow, my companion. my best friend isn't here. Sorry to go on ....but I am angry and still just devastated . It took me year when my wonderful Doberman passed (at home as well. praise God!) Levi just has this cutest face always looking to me always right behind me even if I got up just to get a drink.
Ugh I am sorry...I know everyone of you have a hard time too...................loosing is beloved pet is the hardest thing

linda2147

My friend that lives in Pennsylvania has 21 Parrots and cockatoos, most of them are rescues that people brought her and never came back for them. Last time I was there she offered me Rocky, a beautiful cockatoo but with my cats I could never have a bird, I would have taken him if I could, he looks at you and spreads his wings and says "hi, I"m rocky' or he'll say "whats your problem". But they are really loud and he screams. My bengal would be relentless with it, if he didn't kill it outright he'd scare it to death always being after it.

We've all been through loosing a pet, its not easy. I don't think you ever get over loosing them, you just learn to live without them. In time it will be easier for you, its still pretty new and the pain is still raw. But in time you will remember him with love and you will always have your memories of him. I didn't think I"d ever get over loosing my first bengal but I can't say I'm over him but my daughter and son in law got me a bengal kitten for Mother's day. He looks a lot like my other and acts like him, I think all bengals act the same. Now I can look at his picture and wonder if he's looking down and glad I have the kitten. Several years ago my daughter had a large oil painting done of him, when he died I turned the picture around but now its back where it should be. I can still enjoy him through memories and his picture. Someday you may want to get another like your levi, He wouldn't want to see you sad and to honor him you could give another a good home. I know its to soon but in time you will be ready to move on and love another.

lovemylittleboy

she have time for all those? Mine is s very demanding he is33 plus I got him when he was six months old. ( well my ex did) and now I am stuck with him for 33-34 years n and I just don't think I want him anymore I am too old for all all this. He pestered my Levi do death and now he runs around here looking for him and can't find him. But he ends up standing on the arm of the couch the Urn and picture are of him he only o ne issue and that is an undeveloped powder gland...not enough to keep him clean and I blowdry him his belly is smooth cause of no powder that part get irritated so he pulls the down out He is not apicker at all. Yhat is why he gets lots of baths to keep his skin moist.anyway he is a snot too. and I just don't wan to to deal with him anymore. Sounds bad huh? Besides if I died no one wants him. I have to think of some thing now.

linda2147

I was never really big on birds, especially big ones that can fly at me and bite. When I was a kid my grandmother has this horrible goose, that thing would chase me and bite me every chance he got. I think birds are pretty as long as they are in a cage and not after me. Rocky I'm not afraid of but as pretty and sweet as he is I don't know if it came right down to it if I'd take him. The cats are one thing but if he ever bit me with that monster mouth of his I couldn't keep him. He's best left where he is. And on top of everything else birds are dirty. My friend spends half her life cleaning up after them.

Phoenix got to go play in the woods today, first time in three days. Even now the snow banks are so high I didn't go in the woods. I got out of the car and she went in the woods and I stayed by the car keeping an eye on her. She just plows through the bankings and enjoys herself. I hate not being able to take her as she looks forward to it so much. But the way the roads were even though my car is good in the snow that road had not been plowed and I was afraid to get stuck. Even today the road is somewhat plowed but there is packed snow and ice under the snow so I had to be really careful. But she got to go so she is happy.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Glad she got to go out, yes you have to be careful, no sense in getting stuck or vehicle damage from an icy mound.

linda2147

its snowing again. Supposed to be a snowy week all next week. We didn't have hardly any snow up until now, now we are getting hammered.

linda2147

don't make any quick decisions about getting rid of the bird just yet. Right now nothing interests you what with loosing the dog. But when your emotions calm down you may be sorry if you get rid of the bird.

glrizzz

My 41/2 year beloved Lab has just been diagnosed with lymphoma. I am a mess of tears. How much longer typically does he have and how will I know when it's time to put him down. My heart is broken........

linda2147

Lymphoma is a very fast moving cancer, I lost one of my shepherds five weeks from the time it was diagnosed to the day I had to put her down. First they will put her on an anti biotic and predazone in case there is some infection that made the lymph nodes swell, but if they did a needle aspiration and it came back cancer then you have two choices you can do chemo, and maybe gain a few weeks or months, maybe if you're lucky or you can just bring the dog home and love her while you have her. I chose not do do chemo, my daughter had a bulldog and she did chemo, she only gained six weeks and she spent 15K dollars trying to save him. Cancer is a battle you can't win. Five weeks after my shepherd was diagnosed I got up that morning and she was all bloated and having a hard time to breathe so I had her put down that day. They told me she'd only live a day or two and the huge lumps in her neck would strangle her, I didn't want that for her so I had to let her go.

I feel for you, been there, done that. The next few weeks won't be easy for you but when the time comes stay with him until the end. Let your face be the last thing he sees. Time to grieve is after, right now he needs you to be strong for him, he is scared and confused and he needs you more than ever. I hope peace to you and an easy passing for him.

Dog Force One

Banned
Vegetables and certain herbs are the best foods for fighting cancer.

My dogs refused to eat vegetables at all at first. But they completely changed their mind when I stir fried the chopped vegetable pieces in a pan that had just been used to fry some chicken breast. The vegetables absorb the chicken flavor left in the pan, and then the dogs gobble up the vegetables.

Every evening, I fry chicken breast strips on "light tasting" version 100% olive oil. After removing the cooked chicken, I re-oil the pan and add (kibble sized) chopped pieces of BROCCOLI, CARROT, GREEN BELL PEPPER, and NAPA CABBAGE (which instead of sticking to the pan like regular cabbage, dissolves every bit of flavorful grizzle left from the chicken). Just before removing the cooked veggies from the pan, I sprinkle them with ground BLACK PEPPER and ground TURMERIC. Then I remove the pan from heat and mix in the pepper and turmeric evenly.

I mix these vegetables in with the dogs' kibble and chicken breast pieces for their dinner.

My dog Sugar (who spent the first year of his life in bad conditions, with bad food and unsafe water) had a strange patch of furless skin on his back which did not change for many months. Then it started to get really bad looking. Not mange, not a rash. It looked just like pictures of nasty dog skin cancer on the internet. That was when I started adding the black pepper and turmeric to the dogs' vegetables. Within a week the patch that had never gotten better on its own started to visibly heal. Now a couple months later, it is completely covered in normal, beautiful fur again. I'm sold on the power of the black pepper / turmeric combination. (The black pepper increases the otherwise low absorbability of turmeric.)

Other vegetables that I have tried in the past but do not use now are zucchini (=courgettes), peas, and snap peas. These three vegetables each seemed to make my dogs uncharacteristically irritable and aggressive. But the four vegetables listed above have no such negative effect and have worked well for a long time now.