My Girl Penny

eslucky

Penny was my Golden Retriever that went to the bridge about two years ago. She was Lucky's sister with the same mother and father but different litters. We got her about a year and a half after we got Lucky. Penny absolutely loved Lucky from the day we brought her home. She was a carefree girl with nothing to worry about. She wasn't the alpha, that was Lucky's job. All she cared about was loving and being loved. She was a big goofball and loved acting silly. Penny was such a strong swimmer. She could always beat Lucky when they were racing for a toy in the pool. It was so funny though that if Lucky got a head start and she knew she couldn't pass her up she wouldn't even swim at all for it. She only wanted to win the race. She was such a sweetheart and I still miss her.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Thanks for sharing that story about your dear Penny. :sentimental: It sounds like she was very special and sweet, smart too, lol...funny that if she knew she couldn't beat Lucky to the ball, she'd just take a pass. I'm sure she'll always hold a special place in your heart, you both were blessed to have each other. :love_heart: Very nice photo of her in your signature.

Rottiwild

Penny sounds like such a precious dog and such a precious part of your families life. Always cherish the good moments you had, and show the same love to all new animals/people you welcome into your home.

eslucky

Original Poster
Penny sounds like such a precious dog and such a precious part of your families life. Always cherish the good moments you had, and show the same love to all new animals/people you welcome into your home.
Very good advice. My husband and I were just talking earlier tonight about how much we love our dog Daisy. He said that he thinks he loves her so much because she is a combination of both Lucky and Penny. Penny absolute adored him and stayed right by his side most of the time. We both just adore Daisy now and have so much fun with her. My husband just loves doing everything with her. He talks to her about all kinds of things. They were in the pool together the other day and he was rinsing out one of his shirts (yes, in the pool!). I was inside by a window and could hear him giving Daisy instructions about how you don't ever have to do laundry. You can just wash your clothes in the pool! It was so funny listening to him and Daisy just watched him like, "yep Dad that sounds good, I never would have thought of that."