My little chick is gone

cluckmecoop7

Chicken Crazy!
Hi all.

I am very sad that one of my chicks has passed away due to some unknown sickness. This happened before I posted the thread called "My chicks!" I did not want to say anything about this in that thread. I am very sad.....

Thanks

DSCN7052.jpg

mechi2

Oh I'm so sorry to read that, I just saw your other post and how happy you were to finally get them

Jessie J.

Ninja Nif
So sorry for your loss- I know how it feels to lose a loved pet chicken. Something came and killed twelve of my little babies, just for FUN, not even eating them. :(

cluckmecoop7

Chicken Crazy!
Original Poster
Thanks, it is sad when I think about the little baby that died but I'm still happy that I have the others.

I have 6 chicks altogether.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Very sorry for your loss Yeti, they must be very delicate and vulnerable at that young age. :(

linda2147

you have to keep them warm, use a heat lamp or put a heating pad under the bedding set on low. Baby chicks are delicate and can't take the cold, if they get a chill they will die

cluckmecoop7

Chicken Crazy!
Original Poster
you have to keep them warm, use a heat lamp or put a heating pad under the bedding set on low. Baby chicks are delicate and can't take the cold, if they get a chill they will die
Yes, I have a heating plate for them. You can see it in the picture, it's what the chick is sitting on. I've read a ton of books and articles so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing!:):friendly_wink: