My new 29 gallon (I’m getting goldies again!)

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Hey guys! My dad just bought me a 29 gallon! 😁

Since he made me get rid of the 40 gallon when we moved, he promised he’d buy me a new tank after we got settled, and here it is!

EE0230D7-8C21-43F2-A335-4FE40982C6D4.jpeg
I’m super excited. I miss my little Ranchu so much, so I know I’m a Goldie or two, but I’m torn between Ranchu’s again, or maybe pearlscales. I’m very highly considering one of each, which I know is a little tight on the stocking, but I over filter and it is a planted tank, so as long as keep up on the water changes, I think it will be okay.

I added a bunch of cycled media and dosed 4ppm of ammonia, so in a few days when the ammonia goes back down to zero, it should be ready for fish. I’m also getting some fluval bio-booster tomorrow to make sure there is plenty of beneficial bacteria before I get fish.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
Thanks @Alpha1!

Ammonia dropped down to 0.50ppm and nitrates up to 20ppm. I bet it will be ready for fish by tomorrow. Just need to wait till that last 0.5ppm of ammonia gos away, then I’ll do a quick water change to get rid of the nitrates, and we are good to go! Woot woot! 😁

Tomorrow or the day after I’ll be heading down to the LAS (Local Aquarium Store) to see what they have. I’m excited!

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
Here they are! LAS didn’t have ranchus or pearlscales, but I fell in love with a little black moor and a blue Oranda.

sorry the pictures are blurry, they are both very energetic. DF98B8FC-9718-4839-B295-EE3215EFEE89.jpeg3514D776-6B49-4D98-9896-7905E4FD9A60.jpeg