My old dog & Cyto Point.

Flutterbee66

My 13 yr old Boxer/Pitbull X recieved the Cyto Point allergy injection yesterday, and i was curious if anyone had seen their loved one showing bad or serious side effects. I would appreciate any help or information you all can offer..

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
You bet people have! There seem to be more threads about Cytopoint than anything else on this forum since the drug was released in 2017. (BTW it is one word.)

Last edited:

APafDog&CatMom

This is the only place on the web with this quantity and quality of documentation.

My own atopy dog received her third cytopoint shot last week, but it is losing its effectiveness and does not appear to have done anything at all. She has such severe atopy that without meds, she has scratched her entire back bald within 36 hours, her entire chest bald in the time it took to get an appointment for her second cytopoint shot, and between Temeril and Cytopoint, I have had her turn raw, red and bloody in the amount of time it takes me to answer the phone or turn off something on the stove.

This is the drug company's website:

which is certainly dismissive of the severity of our dogs' issues; we are not "angry" about the annoyance of jiggling license tags, for pete's sake!

Rant over, but many thanks and condolences to everybody who has reported the issues with this drug. Our dogs are suffering and they deserve safe meds.

APafDog&CatMom

Flutterbee66, here is the big cytopoint thread:

but there are others:

linda2147, I'm going to threadjack if I'm not careful, but that link sure looks interesting. I'm sure I'll have more questions after I finish reading the info that is already here.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Which is certainly dismissive of the severity of our dogs' issues; we are not "angry" about the annoyance of jiggling license tags, for pete's sake!

Rant over, but many thanks and condolences to everybody who has reported the issues with this drug. Our dogs are suffering and they deserve safe meds.
Of course it is. Admitting the drug should be pulled from the market would ruin their business.

Clients are very angry all right, but that is a massive understatement. Healthy dogs have died after getting one shot.