My TC Cat

ShirleySkinner

My TC was recently diagnosed with bladder infection. He spent a week at the Clinic and he was NOT a happy camper. He came home with the CD dry Hills precription food, which he is completely refusing to eat! I tried everything I can think of.. soaked it up with chicken broth, mashed it and mixed it with a little bit of the fancy feast he was used to eating.. he flat refuses it all. I ordered some of the canned food and it should arrive tomorrow.. praying he will eat that!! I also ordered a liquid cranberry supplement that should arrive today! Praying that will help!

linda2147

one of my bengals had urinary crystals and was put on the cd food but luckily he loves it, The vet had recommended a different brand of cd food but he wouldn't touch it, I tried the wet food also which he wouldn't touch but he will eat the hills brand. I now feed it to all three of my cats because I don't want them eating each other's food. Also I have a water fountain which encourages them to drink Not getting enough moisture in the food is what causes crystals.

CatMom1994

Welcome to the forum. What is your cat's name?

The vet absolutely should NOT have prescribed dry Hill's c/d. There is no such thing as dry urinary cat food because what they need the most is a ton of water. Also, Hill's Pet Nutrition is only in the money business. They don't care about the quality of their products. Vets prescribe this stuff to get paid commission for selling them and do not know any of the dirty tricks used by the companies that make prescription diets. So it is great for the cat he refuses to eat it as long as you are feeding him high quality wet food instead.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
My TC was recently diagnosed with bladder infection. He spent a week at the Clinic and he was NOT a happy camper. He came home with the CD dry Hills precription food, which he is completely refusing to eat! I tried everything I can think of.. soaked it up with chicken broth, mashed it and mixed it with a little bit of the fancy feast he was used to eating.. he flat refuses it all. I ordered some of the canned food and it should arrive tomorrow.. praying he will eat that!! I also ordered a liquid cranberry supplement that should arrive today! Praying that will help!
Sorry, no advice but welcome!